Status
Please reply by conversation.

PopcornNMore

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 20, 2005
Gibsonia, PA
SG2100, STAB120 or another?

I currently am using a SG2100 motor drive with my 1.2m Channel Master dish. It is working ok, but gets stuck sometimes when pointed too low. Would switching the motor drive to a STAB120 help or would I have the same problem?

Are there any other H-H coax voltage driven drives capable of moving a 1.2m dish or bigger?

I am thinking of possibly getting a 1.8m Channel Master dish for $10 for use as a mini bud, but would probably need an actuator arm to move.

I used a V-box and a cheap actuator when my 1.2 was set up, the H-H mount was adapted from an old Superdish mount I had left over from a clueless DN install.
The SG2100 worked well for a long while but after swapping dishes every other day with the Cband project it finally gave up.

Having to pull a large mass with the extreme swing on the far satellites is a tough job.

hmmm..

I have an old Primestar and was thinking of buying a motor... if none can really hold it without risk of being too heavy, I may need to buy a 30" winegard when I get around to buying the motor... Bet someone would get rich quick if they actually started making a motor for the old primestar sized dishes as it looks like lots of folks have a need for them but nobody is offering them except in a hacked from another size or style diy format....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts