Best motor drive for 1.2m dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

PopcornNMore

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 20, 2005
Gibsonia, PA
SG2100, STAB120 or another?

I currently am using a SG2100 motor drive with my 1.2m Channel Master dish. It is working ok, but gets stuck sometimes when pointed too low. Would switching the motor drive to a STAB120 help or would I have the same problem?

Are there any other H-H coax voltage driven drives capable of moving a 1.2m dish or bigger?

I am thinking of possibly getting a 1.8m Channel Master dish for $10 for use as a mini bud, but would probably need an actuator arm to move.

I used a V-box and a cheap actuator when my 1.2 was set up, the H-H mount was adapted from an old Superdish mount I had left over from a clueless DN install.
The SG2100 worked well for a long while but after swapping dishes every other day with the Cband project it finally gave up.

Having to pull a large mass with the extreme swing on the far satellites is a tough job.

hmmm..

I have an old Primestar and was thinking of buying a motor... if none can really hold it without risk of being too heavy, I may need to buy a 30" winegard when I get around to buying the motor... Bet someone would get rich quick if they actually started making a motor for the old primestar sized dishes as it looks like lots of folks have a need for them but nobody is offering them except in a hacked from another size or style diy format....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts