Best place to purchase?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
See the site sponsors listed on the top of the page? Click on Plasma Concepts and see what they can do for you.

Localy you can get a HD receiver for $199.00 at BestBuy or other stores, Costco have them for $169.00 My Brother-in-law just got a HR22-100 for $99.00 from DirecTV for a upgrade from a R15. Give them a call and see what they can offer you over the phone.

To clarify: You aren't "buying" a receiver anywhere unless you are shelling out $700 or more for a HD-DVR. You're simply paying a "lease origination fee". You will still pay a lease fee of $5 a month on any receiver beyond your first.

I recommend what ClemSole says... call the hotline and talk to a few separate CSRs until you get a deal you like. Otherwise give PlasmaConcepts a try.

My personal experience is that calling D* and asking the best they can do is better than the website.

Plasma Concepts is good too.

If you have AAA there is a great deal through them, and don't forget to get a $50 referral from a friend or here if you don't have one (sticky in main area).

The AAA offer is generally $10 off for many months on top of the current promo that is already around $18 off.

I'd second calling DirecTV. Costco locally only carries the HD DVR and I only need the one I have so they're not of much use to me. DirecTV keeps giving me offers to dump my H10 but since it's hooked to an non-HD EDTV there's not a rush. Even "free" with shipping and handling isn't enough and that's about the best offer I've received. That's actually not bac but I like that my H10 has OTA tuner built in so it's fine for the time being.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts