Best place to sign up for Dish?

andrew110

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 12, 2010
Michigan
Are there better places to sign up for Dish than dish.com that offer gift cards, better promotions etc?

Last edited:
I suggest you contact a DIRT member. They know all..and can DO all to your benefit. I saved a friend of mine from a retailer who was going to set him up with wrong and more equipment for what he needed/wanted. My 2 cents.

When I signed up in 2011 I got a $200 Amazon gift card in addition to the other incentives if you used a promo code when ordering . A quick Google shows URLs but that particular offer may have expired. There may be others though. If you find one make sure you use the right phone number, etc, and make sure the rep notes it on your order.

When I signed up in 2011 I got a $200 Amazon gift card in addition to the other incentives if you used a promo code when ordering . A quick Google shows URLs but that particular offer may have expired. There may be others though. If you find one make sure you use the right phone number, etc, and make sure the rep notes it on your order.
Ditto. I, too, never had good experiences with local retailers, and got better deals directly from Dish. (I've been an on and off again sub since 1998.) For my most recent signup in 2011, I also took advantage of the $200 Amazon gift card promo.

Google around for special offers, then contact Dish directly, perhaps first with a DIRT member here on Satguys.
Here's a couple:
http://www.dish.com/redirects/partners/amazon/
http://www.dish.com/redirects/partners/slickdeals/default.aspx?KBID=SLICK

I'll admit that not every retailer is the same. Check online to see if there are any retailers in the area that have any good reviews or find a retailer that spends time on here. I'm not sure how many of us there are but I will assure you that anyone that spends a lot of time on here is pretty knowledgeable.

Your local retailer.
Be careful what qualifies as a "local retailer". Go to their shop and ask to see some Dish equipment. The (1) receiver they have in their showroom does not count either. Most are just resellers - big difference. Around here, they sell cellphones 99% of the time and know next to nothing about "the dish".

Be careful what qualifies as a "local retailer". Go to their shop and ask to see some Dish equipment. The (1) receiver they have in their showroom does not count either. Most are just resellers - big difference. Around here, they sell cellphones 99% of the time and know next to nothing about "the dish".

You're right. A lot of retailers also sell cellphones and they do more of that then the satellite. You would want to make sure they have their own installers and are not just making the sale for Dish. You need to look for a self servicing authorized retailer, they may be hard to come by now days.

To be clear, a kiosk in a shopping mall that "sells" Dish should be given a much closer look. Yes ? :-D

Here are my local "retailers" (<< Dish's word, not mine) within (25) miles. Try the website for the only one that looks like it really does satellite...

CELLULAR CONNECTION 2.35 miles Directions & Maps
www.dishactivations.com/?GC=TCC1

CELLULAR CONNECTION 5.96 miles Directions & Maps

CELLULAR CONNECTION 7.18 miles Directions & Maps

CELLULAR CONNECTION 9.35 miles Directions & Maps

CELLULAR CONNECTION 20.03 miles Directions & Maps

DEL CID SATELLITE INC 20.03 miles Directions & Maps
www.delcidsat.com

CELLULAR CONNECTION 22.15 miles Directions & Maps

CELLULAR CONNECTION 22.61 miles Directions & Maps

Yeah, when I think of local retailer I think of someone like myself. A physical locatation with sales people and a service department that have equipment on hand. If they know of this site and attend Team Summit every year then they should be a pretty good retailer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts