Best satellite for South Texas

Status
Please reply by conversation.

southtx

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 17, 2007
I am new to FTA, I live in South Texas I have been reading the forums and have learned alot but have yet to read about any members in my area. Is it possible to get FTA here. I realize I need at least a 30" dish but what about which satellite or lnb is best for my area. Any help would be appreciated.

Welcome to the Forum >>>>......................

Several members from Texas here , I'm sure you'll get a reply.

LRGV looks to be a good location for an FTA system , I haven't seen any issues with Footprints , maybe a few satellites that have higher strength in Midwest of U.S. may be a little weaker for you , My favorite dish size for the Money is the 90cm Fortec Dish , you can look at some of the sponsors here for good deals , I've used Sadoun for most of my FTA needs.

Other than that , I think most of the continental U.S. has advantages of living in certain areas , I think you will be fine where you are at , in fact there are some advantages of South Texas , one footprint covers Mexico and greater portions of Texas , I can't get them, though it may be for C-band , I can't remember now but I know the programming is in Spanish.

There are a few satellite beams that cover Mexico and South America and the beam does reach Texas, Arizona, etc

I am new to FTA, I live in South Texas I have been reading the forums and have learned alot but have yet to read about any members in my area. Is it possible to get FTA here. I realize I need at least a 30" dish but what about which satellite or lnb is best for my area. Any help would be appreciated.

I live near San Antonio. I guess the best satellite depends on what type of programing you are looking for.

For Religion, News and foreign channels G25 and AMC4 you can get both with one dish.

There are some ABC, RTN Fox, and Spanish Channels on G10.

Any KU Band LNB would work, I use the Xtreme II and the Spitfire.

If you can go with a motorized system and you will get more programing plus lots of wild feed.

Thanks for that great welcome guys, Gary Z, What direction should I aim my dish to get G25 or AMC4. I want to get european or foreign channels if possible. I also need to know if LNB spitfire(asc321) .5db noise is OK. and 30" dish will do.

G25 is almost due south. What part of South Texas do you live in?

To get AMC 4 you need to strap on another LNB to you dish that is aimed at G25

one of several satellite finders

Put your state and city (or your zip code) into this satellite finder program and it'll tell you where you are.

You can then either hit the blue button all the way to the right for your nearest south satellite...
...or the other button gives you a PDF of all common satellites.

What's the point to pick up the 110, 119, and 91 Satellites?

EDIT - Removed quote because Iceberg took care of it :)

Last edited:
hmmm...1st post & dug up old thread with a post that has very little relevance

can you say hacker??

oh wait...he admitted it by saying he has 91,110,119...boy must really like those 20 preview channels on there

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)