Status
Please reply by conversation.

leifkenn

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 18, 2008
Colorado
Hello,
I am trying to determine the best single sat to point to to get the maximum # of C-band channels.
Any suggestions?
I have a 12 foot Dish with twin Norsat LNB.
Thanks

91 or 99

but dang man get a motor on that thing :)
Thanks .
As soon as I can get it aimed and get some more funds I will.
I Canceled DTV and they have taken my money hostage claiming it is a Receiver non return fee.
After I get that straightened I will see what I can do

My non motorized dish is currently on 91W. But when we get closer to the next shuttle mission I'll swing it over to 87W for the NASA feeds. They have a full time NASA HDTV channel now too if you have a HD receiver.

I asked this same question a few weeks ago. Here are the sugestions.
http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/220884-what-should-i-aim-my-dead.html

Sounds like a motorized dish is best for Ku. I have a friend that bought a non-motorized 30" dish with Ku feed and a Traxis about a year ago and the guy (not me) that talked him into buying the stuff said that Galaxy 4 (now Galaxy 16) had a lot of feeds. That may have been true a year ago but it doesn't look that way now. I don't think he'd be happy with a limited/non-motorized system. Anyway, this guy doesn't have the technical expertise to set up and maintain his system. So, I don't want to "encourage" him into buying a motorized system. He has an 8 footer that he once used with an analog GI receiver but it's not in working order. Even though he'd get better performance from the 8 footer I'm not going to recommend that he spend the money to get it in working order again. Some people just aren't compatible with this "hobby". But, if there had been a Ku sat with enough programming, that he'd be interested in, I'd at least set up his system for that. Anyway, thanks for the reply.

Mine spends a fair amount of time on 87. Plenty to keep me entertained there. ;)
Same here. My 10 footer usually stays parked on 87 when it's not scanning for sports feeds. Plenty of TV and a real good music video channel there! :D:up

Looks like I should scan both the C and Ku side of 87W to see what's there.

Another NEWBIE Question, Sorry.
If everything is scrambled on 91, at least that's what I see, is there a servce to get the channels? I am not looking for a hack, Thanks

Another NEWBIE Question, Sorry.
If everything is scrambled on 91, at least that's what I see, is there a servce to get the channels? I am not looking for a hack, Thanks

I believe that everyone who is talking about 91° is talking about G17 C band, not NIMIQ 1 Ku. There is a lot of good FTA programming on G17 C Band, plus this is the C Band forum :D

I believe that everyone who is talking about 91° is talking about G17 C band, not NIMIQ 1 Ku. There is a lot of good FTA programming on G17 C Band, plus this is the C Band forum :D
Glad, I moved my MiniBud to G17 C-Band!!!:D

Bird 87 is dvb-s2 and 8psk on what looks to be the best channels. I don't currently own anything that will do that. For those in the forum that are watching those channels, what box are you using for it?

I parked My bud at G-17 (91 c- band). It has some good viewing for many boxes that dont do dvb-s2.

Kodaz

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)