My New (To Me) BUD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

beavs2112

Addicted to Legal FTA
Original poster
Jan 28, 2010
London Ontario Canada
Finally got my 10 foot BUD up and running. I got it from a guy about an hour from me. It was only on a 9 foot pole so i bought a new 18 foot sched 40 pole for $80. I needed to clear my shed (the burgundy colored building in pic # 1 so that's why the pole is so tall. It's 5' in the ground with an 8' copper clad ground rod attached. I think the dish is a Star Trak dish since the original LNB was a Star Trak and the receiver was a Star Trak 8. It was sold by a company called Zorra TV in Zorra Ontario Canada (pop 8000) and they're still in business so I'll call them to see if they know the make/model.

While my new AZbox Premium + is doing a blind scan of 91W C-band i thought i'd post these pics. sorry they're not clearer but it's only a cell phone. got some tree trimming to do next to see the westernmost end of the arc. some of them are leaning on my chainlink fence also.

Kevin

Attachments

• Photo057.jpg
    Photo057.jpg
    254.1 KB · Views: 280
  • Photo058.jpg
    Photo058.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 261
  • Photo059.jpg
    Photo059.jpg
    171.8 KB · Views: 261
  • Photo060.jpg
    Photo060.jpg
    230.4 KB · Views: 271
  • Photo061.jpg
    Photo061.jpg
    175.7 KB · Views: 276
  • Photo062.jpg
    Photo062.jpg
    262.8 KB · Views: 245
  • Photo063.jpg
    Photo063.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 287
  • Photo064.jpg
    Photo064.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 256
Very nice installation. The photos are excellent also. Cell phone camera quality has really improved. How did you get the dish up there on the pole?

thanks photoman. i am proud of the job i did. the mount went on first because it was so heavy solid thick steel (dish is aluminum). then i fed a rope thru the mount's top left dish bolt hole and then thru the dish's top left mount hole then tied a good knot on the other side of the dish. then i just hauled up on the rope while my neighbour guided the dish from the ground (i was on the ladder). i had already inserted the bolts in the other 3 mount holes. after some minor guidance i got all other bolts in place then put on the lock washers and nuts. we both had a nice cold corona afterwards though it was hot work in the sun!

thanks :) @ sideswiper i'm loving c-band already after 2 days! it's so cool to find stuff! when i saw that quality indicator go up on the receiver during alignment i was so happy i did a little dance!

Must've been an ordeal getting a dish up that high! And for an 18' pipe that doesn't sound like a bad price either , though I suppose you're talking Canadian dollars. Hate to have to work on that one very much without a lift truck lol.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)