Best time to buy tv in next 3 months?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
Black Friday
Sometime in Dec
Superbowl

?

The 55" 8500 I want is just a tad high for me now, so I'm deal watching, plus I won't have a house from Thanksgiving to Feb 1, so there is no rush :D

I've generally been a Black Friday or impulse buyer!

TIA

Yea. I agree.

Higher end HDTV's MOST of the time will not be brought down in price due to the holidays.

Yeah, thats what I was wondering.

I see a discount on B Friday, but prob nothing big. Then once they get past the 30 day mark and after Christmas, should see some drops. Works out good with my time frame anyways. If I buy it early, itll just sit in the box, but i did not wanna miss a good opportunity.

I gotta think the price of $4500 wont hold long though.

Will be my first big LCD, so it's gonna be an experience.

I see that Panny bought some of Pioneer technology. CES is just around the corner (Janurary).

I am sure the Sammy will drop by then and it will give you a glimpse for 2010. I'm not sure if Panasonic will attend to show their new line or not. Seems they did their own deal later in the year.

I bought my Samsung 52a650 about a month after release and got around $300 back from Amazon with the 30 day price drop (they have since stopped the price drop).

They are speculating the next gen of Panny will have some PIO stuff, but after laboring over it and plasma vs lcd, I just think the 8500 is the one to have, even if I catch it right before the new stuff comes out. It already has Kuro blacks (according to Cnet) and the AMP system is second to none. The Plasmas 96hz features raise black levels and still shows flicker. Then there is the weight.

Prices tend to dip just after Thanksgiving. If there is a black Friday sale on what you want it will probably be the best price until superbowl time. Super Bowl is after CES. At CES all the new models are introduced. The new models will not really start arriving until March+, so the superbowl sales allow them to close out all the old models.

Plasma sold!

Some of the prudes at AVS are swearing the price of the 8500 will not drop until April or May :haha

I had to show em the charting of last years a950, and how it dropped $900 for Sept to Feb

Some guys just hate the fact that when you buy in early, you pay more than most others. Hell, I paid $2500 for my plasma, and it was 1700 a few months later :(

Some guys just hate the fact that when you buy in early, you pay more than most others. Hell, I paid $2500 for my plasma, and it was 1700 a few months later :(

Early adopters always pay a premium. If it is breakthrough technology, they pay a premium a couple of times. First for the overpriced lab prototype that was released too early (i.e. Toshiba A1) and then again a year later for the version that the manufacturer fixed all the stuff that was wrong with the first one. And they buy that one too early as well, because they are so frustrated with the prototype unit.

Yep. speaking from experience.

I was a little wary of the earlier LED sets, but the 8000 and 8500 this year seem to be REAL nice.

I'm glad I have to wait 3 months. Even if I only save $500, it's better than me impulse buying now :D

Im thinking the best pricing will be had right around Black Friday into Christmas.

Just because its the latest / greatest technology, doesnt mean its any better than current technologies.

I have always looked at black Friday TV offers, and they always seem to be sub par. They tend to find overstock in some old model of a TV that they can offer at a great price because they have a warehouse that was full of them. The warehouse was full because they could not sell them at the regular price. I am very skeptical of black Friday TVs. Super Bowl ones tend to be much better. But, of couse you have to realize that they are closeouts since CES just happened and all the new TVs are coming.

Black Friday == 2 year old technology
Superbowl == last years models.

Thanks Mike. I think I'm gonna stick with the SB sales and just spend the next 2.5 months beating my head against the wall as to what tv I want :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts