Best VHF antenna

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rrob311

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 25, 2010
New England
I am looking for the best VHF antenna out there. I would like to get a stronger signal on PBS where I am. I had good luck with a cheap UHF setup but I can't consistently get PBS. I also am looking for the best Amplifier.

can you post your tvfool report? How far away is this PBS station?

With limited info this is the one I use for a distant VHF station
Winegard YA 1713 Prostar 1000 10 El. Hi-Band VHF TV Antenna (YA-1713) - Winegard - YA-1713 - 615798304867

the station I pick up is on 12 at 52k watts at 317 feet...distance according to tvfool is 72 miles and it work really well....nice strong signal

there is a little bigger one I see too
Antennacraft Y10-7-13 Highband-Broadband VHF TV Antenna (Y10-7-13) - Antennacraft - Y10-7-13 -

I like the one I have as it has a 75 ohm input (the other is a 300ohm)

I am in a weak signal area and was using a VU 190XR (biggest combination UHF/VHF antenna RadioShack offered). I replaced it with a CM4228HD and found that this supposed UHF antenna also does very well on high band VHF signals. I get 7 and 12 just as well on it as I did the much bigger VU 190XR.

But, as Iceberg indicated, we need more info.

DRCars

If you're talking about WENH (11) the 2 links I provided in my 1st response should work. Its only 26 miles away but the 2edge is what worries me. I use the Winegard to get a VHF Hi station about 70 miles away and it works great

I dont think you'd even need an amp

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)