Best VHF antenna

rrob311

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 25, 2010
New England
I am looking for the best VHF antenna out there. I would like to get a stronger signal on PBS where I am. I had good luck with a cheap UHF setup but I can't consistently get PBS. I also am looking for the best Amplifier.

can you post your tvfool report? How far away is this PBS station?

With limited info this is the one I use for a distant VHF station
Winegard YA 1713 Prostar 1000 10 El. Hi-Band VHF TV Antenna (YA-1713) - Winegard - YA-1713 - 615798304867

the station I pick up is on 12 at 52k watts at 317 feet...distance according to tvfool is 72 miles and it work really well....nice strong signal

there is a little bigger one I see too
Antennacraft Y10-7-13 Highband-Broadband VHF TV Antenna (Y10-7-13) - Antennacraft - Y10-7-13 -

I like the one I have as it has a 75 ohm input (the other is a 300ohm)

I am in a weak signal area and was using a VU 190XR (biggest combination UHF/VHF antenna RadioShack offered). I replaced it with a CM4228HD and found that this supposed UHF antenna also does very well on high band VHF signals. I get 7 and 12 just as well on it as I did the much bigger VU 190XR.

But, as Iceberg indicated, we need more info.

DRCars

If you're talking about WENH (11) the 2 links I provided in my 1st response should work. Its only 26 miles away but the 2edge is what worries me. I use the Winegard to get a VHF Hi station about 70 miles away and it works great

I dont think you'd even need an amp

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts