Best way to call dish for 622 upgrade?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

brian913

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 1, 2006
OK When April gets here I'll be calling dish to upgrade my leased 942 to a 622. When I call dish is it better to go directly to tech support? Or just go through the operator that answers the phone. Ive heard horror stories about clueless or english challenged operators. So you guys out there who have already gotten your 622 is what path did you take? I've called dish in the past and several times I've called I've gotten an operator who had trouble understanding what I was saying. Any advice would be appreciated thanks.

Call tonight. You will have to pay $299 for the upgrade. You will not get the $200 rebate because you lease the 942.

Yes - go the tech support route.

I was told that on April 1st that you will get the $200 rebate even if you are currently leasing. This was told to me by someone above the Executive Resolution Team. Seems we're still in disagreement around here.

Scott

teachsac said:
I was told that on April 1st that you will get the $200 rebate even if you are currently leasing. This was told to me by someone above the Executive Resolution Team. Seems we're still in disagreement around here.

Scott

This was my understanding also. Anyone?

CDH.

That's the way I understand it as well. $200 rebate whether you own or lease a 942.

Wait until 4/1/06, don't call right after midnight, I think they do computer software updates around 3 in the morning (someone please correct that time). When you call, go to tech support. I generally get them by calling one of the main numbers, and not answering any prompts, which will be repeated 3 times. Then you get a tech support option. There are other ways, of course. But go thru tech support. And yes, most folks believe you will get the $200 rebate even if you're leasing.

My install was 3 weeks after I called. The guy showed up late and worked in the dark. Third install of the day.

Definitely Use option 2 Tech Support!

I tried using the option that was for upgrades 3 times and every time it got me a non-American operator that was hard to hear, harder to understand, and completely clueless! I was so mad at the end of the third call I actually called the cable company and had cable installed and was planning on dumping Dish. Luckily for Dish the Picture on Cable is bad and I mean real bad.

Because Cable was so bad I made one more call to Dish. This time I pressed Tech Support instead and got a very friendly American operator that was easy to understand, Easy to hear , and very knowledgeable about the products. If I would have got this person on my first call I would have never had Cable installed.

I ask her toward the end of the call how to insure getting someone like her as apposed to a clueless Indian when I needed help and all she could tell me was that it had to do with the time of day I call, The call volume, and what option I pressed when I called. I think this was her way of telling to use Tech Support. I got the feeling she was not allowed to tell me that outright though.

In the future when I call I will be selecting Tech support and if I get an Indian on the phone I will hang up and keep calling back until I get an American because if I am going to pay over a hundred dollars a month for TV service I WILL NOT deal with a clueless Indian when I need help.

gdarwin said:
Call tonight. You will have to pay $299 for the upgrade. You will not get the $200 rebate because you lease the 942.

Yes - go the tech support route.

That is flat wrong. and it was on both the website and the last two Charlie Chat's as well as the tech chat. Lease holders will get the rebate but must wait until 'April 1st.

gutter said:
That is flat wrong. and it was on both the website and the last two Charlie Chat's as well as the tech chat. Lease holders will get the rebate but must wait until 'April 1st.

Look at post 8.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)