BET Jazz HD

DIRANONI

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 28, 2008
Is there any reasoning for adding BET Jazz HD to Absolute HD package and not The Movie Channel HD, FOX Business HD or FOX news HD?

What's the future of Absolute HD?

Is there any reasoning for adding BET Jazz HD to Absolute HD package and not ...

What's the future of Absolute HD?
EDIT: It costs Dish Less than the other channels to add BETJ. Maybe they are even getting paid to run it...;)

No one knows the future of Absolute HD. Keep it until you get sick of it or need more channels.

Last edited:
why have bet jazz hd? i went through guide and no hd on at anytime. sure seems like a waste of bandwith.

why have bet jazz hd? i went through guide and no hd on at anytime. sure seems like a waste of bandwith.

On this channel you're right, but simply looking at the guide to see what's marked HD or not will mean you'll miss out on some HD things. Certain channels show HD after any program, others never do, even if some is in HD.

Where is this written by Dish that it's in free preview?
If only more was written by dish and upheld. I guess it was wishful thinking (since I won't be watching it, at least on any favorite lists). I read some other posts about it being a free preview but never actually saw the source. Consider the source, I guess:

"sez who" is right. (I edited the post, thanks)

The future of HD Absolute seems to be completely unknown. Personally, I'd recommend keeping it until the add something to Turbo that you can't live with out. As for Fox News, Fox Business, and TMC-E HD... The Turbo packages do not get these channels either (per the dish website and Charlie on the chat). I think the real Absolute litmus test will be when the rest of the Viacom channels become available in the next week or so.

As for BET-J(azz) HD. Why didn't they just call it BET 2 when they switched from the jazz focus? But seriously, we've read unteen million posts on the direct side about how MTV-HD doesn't air HD (for programs that Palladia runs in HD), why should this be any different? Par for the course with Viacom.

Oh and as for BET-J in free preview, if it was a free preview ALL subs would be getting it. By that same theory, CI is in free preview...

I keep flipping to the channel, hoping to spot the ever elusive HD content, but I have yet to see it. This channel shows the worst type of sd; not only is it letter boxed, but it is further boxed in by horizontal black bars, within the letterbox! It is like watching a tv that is 40% smaller! What a rip-off!

I keep flipping to the channel, hoping to spot the ever elusive HD content, but I have yet to see it. This channel shows the worst type of sd; not only is it letter boxed, but it is further boxed in by horizontal black bars, within the letterbox! It is like watching a tv that is 40% smaller! What a rip-off!
I love the avatar! +1

I don't think my monthly bill went up (yet) so no rip off so far, just regular disappointment.

I love the avatar! +1

I don't think my monthly bill went up (yet) so no rip off so far, just regular disappointment.
I think it has gone up, or at least, the bill has gone up and will at some point this month, suck the money out of my account. I am somewhat happy with the free platinum, hbo and starz for three months (not to mention the penny deal), but unfortunately for Dish, that will not stop me from griping about my Turbo service...

It appears that Dish Absolute is getting any channel added to the Platinum HD package, but none others (excluding premiums of course).

Absolute subs have seen no price increase.

It appears that Dish Absolute is getting any channel added to the Platinum HD package, but none others (excluding premiums of course).

Absolute subs have seen no price increase.
This is pure speculation. Where are the facts?
As an Absolute HD customer, I see BETJ and the other new channels I don't subscribe to so they just show up Red (but they do show on the All channel list).

I have no price increase (yet).

I also picked up channel 166 CMT SD and 107 Comedy Central SD. What's that all about? Looks like HD Absolute is doing great right now.

I just don't have 9476 FOXBusiness even on the list - and probably won't be seeing FoxNews 9477 available and time soon.

Last edited:
I also picked up channel 166 CMT SD and 107 Comedy Central SD. What's that all about? Looks like HD Absolute is doing great right now.
You lucky dog! It would appear Absolute customers are going to get those channels in HD by April 1. You are making out like a bandit.

You lucky dog! It would appear Absolute customers are going to get those channels in HD by April 1. You are making out like a bandit.
I think I'll keep HD Absolute forever just so I can tell others what the programming is. Even if I want to change programming, I'll just add another account somewhere. ;):D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts