Status
Please reply by conversation.

hank123

COLORADO CONNOISSEUR BUD HUNTER
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
May 8, 2016
N. Colorado
Found this Beta Laux over the weekend. Talked with the dude today and got a good close look at her.
In good shape.
It is mine if I remove it.

Not sure if its going to run much better then what I have now, should I keep holding out for a good 10 footer?

20160915_140845.jpg
20160915_140828(1).jpg
20160915_140524.jpg
20160915_140242.jpg

Attachments

• 20160915_140845.jpg
    20160915_140845.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 295
  • 20160915_140828.jpg
    20160915_140828.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 268
  • 20160915_140524.jpg
    20160915_140524.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 288
  • 20160915_140242.jpg
    20160915_140242.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 290
An easy dish to work on and very unique design. As I recall. it is a very deep dish, likely a 9 foot diameter and HEAVY!

You may find a Seavy feedhorn under the LNB cover. An awesome feed!

Hard to beat your Hydro on the AJAK HH. It would be one heck of a shootout with this on a AJAK beside your Paraclipse!

Personally, if was looking for a 10' and came across a 9' in good shape for free I'd grab it. You never know how long it will take to find that 10'. :)

Reactions: hank123
I have found a good handful of 10's tracking the people down that own them is a different story.

I would keep my Hydro with the H-H AJAK. This would be fixed on something in hopes it would lock the harder to get transponders.
Not sure if she will cut it. The Hydro measures out 7.5 feet the Beta is 9 feet even top to bottom.
Seems some of the 10 footers I have come across are about 9.5 feet.

Im on the hunt and if I should hold out I will.

Anyone have a manual on this? An idea of gain would be nice.

Thanks

what that is interesting! My Laux beta 9 is just like the OP except it has solid panels instead of mesh panels. I guess I got the upgraded option. ;)

most definitely grab it - my laux beta 9 performs awesome and I haven't found any signal it can't do that my 10 footers can. Assembled and aligned correctly, I'm sure that mesh one will equally perform as if it were a 10 foot dish.

Thanks skysufer. What area are you in?

Do you have a pick of yours? Are you running KU on it too?

Thanks skysufer. What area are you in?

Do you have a pick of yours? Are you running KU on it too?

I'm in the southwest U.S. No pic that I've dumped from my digital camera yet. I have been planning to run Ku on it but haven't gotten around to it yet so I'm just running a c-band ortho feed until I get around to installing the c/ku ortho feed.

Found this Beta Laux over the weekend. Talked with the dude today and got a good close look at her.
In good shape.
It is mine if I remove it.

Not sure if its going to run much better then what I have now, should I keep holding out for a good 10 footer?

View attachment 120156 View attachment 120157 View attachment 120158 View attachment 120159

That's a nice dish. I'd jump on that like a cat on a rat. :biggrin At first, I though the one I located was a 10 footer until I saw the BETA 9 on the feed plate. Never actually measured it when I located it, but I'll bet it will perform close to a 10 footer. I did look across the dish and the panels all line up perfectly by sight. I may get shot down by the owner, but I'm hopeful.

Reactions: martin-f
An easy dish to work on and very unique design. As I recall. it is a very deep dish, likely a 9 foot diameter and HEAVY!

You may find a Seavy feedhorn under the LNB cover. An awesome feed!

Hard to beat your Hydro on the AJAK HH. It would be one heck of a shootout with this on a AJAK beside your Paraclipse!

The one I found is built like a tank, and likely to be as heavy. I may have to take the truck with the auto-crane to get that one off the pole. :) I'm glad it's a short pole, around 5 feet.

Still waiting on the go ahead from the guy who owns the one I found. :facepalm I don't think the guy who lives in the house where its located is too motivated to ask the owner if wants it out of there. May have to kick in a $20 incentive to get him moving. :D

Reactions: k.r.
Works better with the quad legs.. did you get it up and running yet?

I used several UFI dishes over the years and the manufacturer left enough of the button hook stick out the back it could be used to fine tune the skew and focal distance. It was a lot easier than tuning dishes with quad feeds.

Reactions: Titanium
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)