Beta Testers Wanted - Sling Media Wants YOU!

I got another response too. Basically saying send in your answers if you haven't yet and we'll be back with you at some point.

Hey guys...

I was just contacted by the head of the beta program. He understands that some folks are leary about giving them their DISH account number. They need it to verify that they are an existing Dish customer in good standing. Remember SLING is owned by DISH / ECHOSTAR they are not trying to steal your account information. :)

He is also very sorry that this has been a slow process as theye have to go through multiple steps with different departments to get everyone approved.

He also mentioned that they have opened up more slots so if you didn't apply yet there is still time left to get in. :)

I have a feeling what your going to be testing could be big news at next years CES. :)

Reactions: TheKrell
Hey guys...

He understands that some folks are leary about giving them their DISH account number. . :)
I guess they were reading navychop's post :) they do monitor the forums by the way so be careful what you post if you're applying for the Sling beta program, how else they'll know if you're spilling the beans :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Has anyone heard back about beta testing..I got an email for more info but haven't heard anything back since then

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

They said the process was going to be slow. :)

I think it was about 6 weeks from the time they asked me if I would do this for them until the time they replied ok let's do this. I expect it to start in the fall with new software and products for CES.

I got one more a long time ago; nothing since. And I now have two more Android phones to add to my tablet for this test. (DishAnywhere de-supported my old Moto Defy. :()

I got an email today from them echoing what Scott said above:

Hi,
We would like to just send a quick update to everyone who applied to be in the Dish beta program. We have received a lot of responses from the forum post and are still going through our approval process. We understand the wait can be frustrating but please bear with us as we process all the responses. If you have any questions at all please don’t hesitate to send us an email.
Thank you,
The Beta Team

Yup; same here. I feel like we are being vetted to an absurd extreme. What's the worry? We'll spill the beans? We can't be trusted to understand what a beta is?

I'm a little behind in reading these messages and just saw this today. Does anyone know if they're still accepting application?

I sent an email on June 13, they accepted it then with no problem, just threw my name in the hat with all the rest I reckon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts