Better HD,Shaw or Bell?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

itproman

Original poster
May 1, 2009
ontario,Canada
We just got a Sony 46" Bravia 1080P tv,but now I find out from the dealer(and Shaw) that Shaw HD is capable of 1080i,but is only 720p.

Is Bell 1080i?

They certainly have more HD(sadly not History,or Speed HD yet.I'm not a rapid fan of either channel,but I do watch them sometimes)...

My neighbor has Bell and was really raving about Rush,Equator and Treasure HD and showing me them.

On another note,I'm going to replace my rusty Archer 4 bay bow tie with probably the Clearvision C5,or a ch. 7-13 antenna aimed SSE to Rochester,NY and was thinking of the Ebay knockoff of the Antenna Direct DB8 -8 Bay bowtie...has a 45 deg. reception radius....want Ch. 21 -WXXI-PBS,Rochester,NY -SSE + TVO ch. 18(Harwood,ON on Rice Lake) and Global on ch. 27,just north of Cobourg at Coldsprings...

I want to see some uncompressed 1080i AND have a backup.

I figure if I jump the Bell TV,it's better rent,so as to not get stuck with Install costs,etc.

Any thoughts?

Most Shaw HD feeds are 1080i (1080 X 1920)

Bell reduces most of their feeds to 720p (720 X 1240)

You can get a Shaw HD system for $25 (dish installation included) in Ontario from a Shaw Direct door to door sales rep. Perhaps someone on this forum can PM the phone of a rep.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)