Better KU LNB for Eliptical Dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

hicks107

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 21, 2010
ny
Can anyone recommend a better LNB for my Primestar / Channelmaster 75E? I have the stock LNB and it works for most everything but I have trouble tuning in weaker signals. I dont know a lot about LNBs but I think I have seen people recommend the PLL LNBs but that might not work on my elliptical dish. I wouldnt want to spend too much. Im using an openbox S9. Nothing too spectacular.

Thanks All,
Mike

I purchased one of those last Summer. Used the LNB on the channel master with a different feed.
Purchased a different LNB for the feed for an elliptical dish and am waiting for Spring to install. Too dam cold in Michigan.
Be advised the holes on that feed may not match your mount. Did not on mine.

Attachments

• IMG_20140120_120113.jpg
    IMG_20140120_120113.jpg
    394.6 KB · Views: 166
The PLL LNBFs are less than $20. Not to big an investment, because if it doesn't work you probably should get a bigger dish. And when you get the bigger dish you'll already have the perfect LNBF for it ;). But maybe you can scrounge up a bigger CM 84E like a STARBAND dish. The feed horn should separate from the LNB on your dish. You could find a good flange mount LNB like an Invacom to bolt on your feed horn. A few possibilities to think about.

I whole heartily agree with Magic -
Channelmaster 75E? I have the stock LNB
The stock LNB/feed combo is the best. IMHO the 75e is a bit small so the weaker may not be receivable or come and go. An aftermarket LNBF, meant for a 'normal' offset dish would only use the middle part of the dish, meaning performance would suffer more. [been there - done that - on the 84e]
You could find a good flange mount LNB like an Invacom to bolt on your feed horn. A few possibilities to think about.
The Invacom would bolt to the stock feed horn but really don't think you'd see that great of improvement. I'd be looking for a larger dish. A normal 90cm?? 'Purpose' the 75e on G19 alone maybe and a switch to use the 90cm.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)