Better SD PQ?

Mister B

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jun 3, 2008
El Paso County Texas
I had the Orby system on "pause" for the month of September as I knew that I would be out of town much of the month. This is one feature that I liked about this service. Now that I have it back it on, I am thinking that the picture quality is much better on the SD channels. In particular, before I found Science and AHC to be of a quality about the same as OTA SD sub-channels (at best) and now I actually had to take a close look to determine if they are SD or HD. They are still obviously SD but I am seeing no macro-blocking or rough edges around the logo. Is it possible they have improved their methods or something?

Reactions: truckracer
I had the Orby system on "pause" for the month of September as I knew that I would be out of town much of the month. This is one feature that I liked about this service. Now that I have it back it on, I am thinking that the picture quality is much better on the SD channels. In particular, before I found Science and AHC to be of a quality about the same as OTA SD sub-channels (at best) and now I actually had to take a close look to determine if they are SD or HD. They are still obviously SD but I am seeing no macro-blocking or rough edges around the logo. Is it possible they have improved their methods or something?
I have noticed better pic quality also

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using the SatelliteGuys app!

They could be using a variable bitrate and giving certain channels more definition at certain times.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using the SatelliteGuys app!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)