BEV 9200 Receiver Questions

311Man

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 11, 2006
For those of you that own a BEV 9200 HD Receiver hoping you can answer a few questions. Does the OTA function on this receiver? Is the clock and programing guide times determined by the address provided to BEV or can you change timezones manually on receiver to your preference?

I can't speak directly about the 9200, I have the 6100 Bell reciever and I can confirm that yes, the OTA tuner does work. I don't imagine the 9200 would be any different. And no, as far as I know you can NOT change time zone manually on your receiver as it's programmed for the service address where they think it is located. The only time I've ever seen it different is when you tell them you are in Ontario and they assume that since most of Ontario is in the Eastern time zone that you are too.........in fact a small portion of Ontario is in the Central time zone so I've had to have it corrected a few times when installing for customers.

To make a long story short, there is nothing you can do to change the time zone info on your receiver.

Hope this helps

I can't speak directly about the 9200, I have the 6100 Bell reciever and I can confirm that yes, the OTA tuner does work. I don't imagine the 9200 would be any different. And no, as far as I know you can NOT change time zone manually on your receiver as it's programmed for the service address where they think it is located. The only time I've ever seen it different is when you tell them you are in Ontario and they assume that since most of Ontario is in the Eastern time zone that you are too.........in fact a small portion of Ontario is in the Central time zone so I've had to have it corrected a few times when installing for customers.

To make a long story short, there is nothing you can do to change the time zone info on your receiver.

Hope this helps

Appreciate the info. The only problem now is the availability of the 9200 or any HD PVR from Bell. I haven't been able to track one down for purchase. Anyone have any insight if the 9200 stock will be replinished (as Bell website indicates) or if a new HD PVR receiver will be available? I was looking forward to HD Playoff Hockey.

I need help on another BEV 9200 question:
- In the summer, I want to bring my 9200 up to the cottage.
- My current dish configuration is a single LNBF, but now I want to be able to utilize the dual-tuner aspects of the 9200. All the my TVs there are SD, not HD.
- Can I simply swap in a dual LNBF at the dish, aim it at NIMIQ 1 for the SD channels, run a 2nd line back to the 9200 and get SD with one feed into each of the tuners on the 9200?
- Or can I keep the single LNBF aimed at NIMIQ 1, and just put a splitter inside the cottage to get 2 inputs into the 9200?
- Alternately, should I have the dish aimed between NIMIQ1 and 2, just in case I might have an HD set there in the future? and then, would I still need a SW42 switch + the power inverter(?) even though I don't really need the HD channels now?
- Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Dish_Dan

I need help on another BEV 9200 question:
- In the summer, I want to bring my 9200 up to the cottage.
- My current dish configuration is a single LNBF, but now I want to be able to utilize the dual-tuner aspects of the 9200. All the my TVs there are SD, not HD.
- Can I simply swap in a dual LNBF at the dish, aim it at NIMIQ 1 for the SD channels, run a 2nd line back to the 9200 and get SD with one feed into each of the tuners on the 9200?
yes
- Or can I keep the single LNBF aimed at NIMIQ 1, and just put a splitter inside the cottage to get 2 inputs into the 9200?
no. Will not work.
- Alternately, should I have the dish aimed between NIMIQ1 and 2, just in case I might have an HD set there in the future? and then, would I still need a SW42 switch + the power inverter(?) even though I don't really need the HD channels now?
or get a Legacy or DishPro Twin which will get both satellites with no gaudy external switch

bell is no longer selling 9200 neither are retailers because they will soon swapout all 9200 with a 622 dish like box

the timezone can not be changed and is deterrmined by the address you give bell for your account

as far as ota, i dont know i dont have my 9200 hooked up to ota

I've heard of some intermittent problems with the 9200 freezing for a few seconds when watching HD from two people I know who have them. My 6100 also seems prone to this at times. The audio is fine but the picture will freeze for 2-3 seconds at a time then come back. Perhaps the new receivers will take care of this issue.

Box can only be rented from bell but cannot find one new for sale anywhere excluding *bay!
there has to be a reason they are no longer for sale?
supposedly there sending a letter to 9200 owners explaining the situation but my letter has yet to arrive
well wait and see

Box can only be rented from bell but cannot find one new for sale anywhere excluding *bay!
there has to be a reason they are no longer for sale?
supposedly there sending a letter to 9200 owners explaining the situation but my letter has yet to arrive
well wait and see

Anyword on the status of the 9200 or any HD PVR product from Bell. How does a company stay in business without any product?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)