BEV Card Swap

pobs

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
May 29, 2005
I have been using TVM for since summer 2005 -- I have gone through a previous card swap with Cathy (2006 - I believe it was).

However, several times over the last week -- I have tried to contact her by email --- without response.

My guess is that she is overwhelmed by the volume of BEV card swaps. If someone has a phone number for her, please send to me via PM. I have called her in the past, but not since 2006 -- so I no longer have her number.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks. I'll keep you posted what I found out about the BEV card swap.

I got an email reply from Cathy. It seems that there are a few clients (including me), for whom she has not received the new cards from BEV yet.

She said she'll find out why not.

I got an email reply from Cathy. It seems that there are a few clients (including me), for whom she has not received the new cards from BEV yet.

She said she'll find out why not.
Some cards are still in the mail. My father-in-law called me Tuesday to tell me that my new cards had just showed up at his house.

I got a letter from them on Monday about a swap. Lots of information about swapping the cards, as well as a $150 invoice for the swap (if you don't return your old card, I guess). The problem is that my current receiver doesn't have a card in the slot. And they didn't send me a new card to use either. I sent them an email on Monday afternoon, no response. I called them today and asked what was going on- they're going to have someone call me about the missing card. Has anyone else gotten an empty envelope? I'm a little concerned about this.

Receivers like the 6100 - currently use the on-board card (not in the card slot). However, after the "card swap" ... then external card slot will be enabled to support the new card.

So there will be a new card for the BEV 6100 receiver, but not an old card to return.

I have BEV 6000 and BEV 6100 receivers, so I should receive 2 cards in the mail, and have to return 1 (from the 6000). But we'll see what I actually get.

I don't understand the need to return the old card. All of the instructions that I have seen in regards to the card swap say to Destroy your old cards after the new cards have been activated...

I subscribe to a very large package on Bell ($99+taxes) each month, and I still haven't seen my new cards yet. (I am located in Canada..)

From what I've heard from friends, there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason as to who they send cards out to. I know people with HD packages who have received new cards, and I also know people with pretty basic packages who have received their new cards. I guess we just need to be patient. They can't possibly mail out over 2 Million cards in 1 day ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)