Beware, D* takes away credits after they offer them

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Gamecock67

Original poster
Oct 10, 2004
Has D* taken away anyone elses' credits before? Back in February, I got a credit for $20 off the premium package for 6 months (when I purchased a 2nd HD DVR). Every month, the credit did not apply to my acct so I had to call D* to get the credit added. In May, when I called, I was told that the they were sorry that I had to call every month and that they would start my 6 months over and add an additional 6 months (totalling a year). June I had to call to get my credit added. July I had to call, but this time I was told that they had to send the request to the credit department. Last week I called since I did not hear from them and my acct still did not list my credit and was basically told that D* feels that I have been given too many credits and they were not going to honor the credits that they offered me and they would be flagging my acct so that I would not receive any credits again. I called retention and first I was told that they would honor my credits and not to worry about it. 5 minutes later I got a call back from D* saying that they would not honor the credit.

Here is a list of the credits I received. Last summer I called D* to cancel (I was switching to Dish Network) and I was offered 2 dvrs for free if I stayed with D*. Since I was switching to Dish because they were offering the dvrs, I decided to stay with D*. Last August I purchased the HD DVR with Tivo. I received $150 credit and $20 off the premium package for 6 months. This past February, I purchased a second HD DVR with Tivo. When I bought it at BestBuy, there was a sign that said if I purchased the HD DVR, I would receive the HD package free for 6 months. When I activated the HD DVR, I mentioned what the sign said in BestBuy. I was told that since I already had received the HD package for free for 6 months, they could not give me that but they would give me $20 of the premium package for 6 months. This is when the trouble started.

From my understanding, people are getting close to $400 in credits with the purchase of only 1 HD DVR.

I wonder if they are starting to crack down on credits.

Well assuming the dvrs you got for free were $99 you have received about $600 in credits/freebies in a year. Seems like your doing ok. :cool:

He may have done okay, I suppose, but the point is that he shouldn't be offered them and then have them taken away.

I had something similiar, and am worried the same will happen to me. I have had no previous "credits" after having been with D* for almost two years, and being a NFLST subscriber duting that time too.

When I called about HD, I was offered $250 off, 6 months free showtime, 3 months free HD pack. Well, when I activated, they didn't want to give the 3 months free HD pack. I had to argue for 20 minutes before someone "activated" it.

If they had just said upfront, when I was considering switching, that it WOULDN'T be offered, then I would have made up my mind based on that. Don't tell me little fibs to get me to commit.

It was indicated by 4 different people on 4 different occasions -- before committing -- that it would be there. Then, when activating, it all of the sudden "wasn't indicated on my account" (though it "was before.")

D* should be upfront and honest, and they wouldn't have these issues. I'm stuck with them for a year, but seriously considering dropping them next year.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)