BEWARE: Gosatellite.com: poor parts and service.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

satelituser

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 11, 2010
USA
Received an OpenBox S9 HD PVR and cable from GoSatellite. The packaging was non existance as the receiver box was thrown in a bigger box with no wrapping, missing audio/video cable and diSeqc switch, and wrong size cable. Called customer service and only response was "they are sorry". Testing the receiver right away and found the picture very low quality, very yellowish concluding receiver been damaged in shipping. Sent a note to customer service for refund since everything was done wrong, followed up with two voice messages. No response so far. Won't recomend this company.

Having a greenish/yellowish picture on the composite output in 480i mode is normal for the Openbox under the current firmware, unfortunately.

The solution is to either use the HDMI or component outputs (which you'd need to do for HD anyway), or run the composite output in 576i if your TV supports it.

(If you're already doing one of those, then yes, the receiver is broken.)

yep read through a lot of the threads here. If you are using a Red/yellow/white cables there will be a greenish tint. Known issue since day one

also they use to be a sponser here and they are no longer...

I have no affiliation or personal experience with gosatellite but I think its pretty classless to make your first post as a complaint against a vendor, especially in this case where at least part of the complaint appears to be unfounded. I'm not condoning a screwed up order but your anonymous one sided attack doesn't at least superficially appear to be warranted and we will almost certainly never hear the other side.

I agree mr3p
A little research on the receiver would see it is a known issue that the a/v cables output a greenish tint. But most folks look by that because they use component or HDMI :)

satelituser said:
The packaging was non existance as the receiver box was thrown in a bigger box with no wrapping
Can you post a picture of how it was sent to you?

I have no affiliation or personal experience with gosatellite but I think its pretty classless to make your first post as a complaint against a vendor, especially in this case where at least part of the complaint appears to be unfounded. I'm not condoning a screwed up order but your anonymous one sided attack doesn't at least superficially appear to be warranted and we will almost certainly never hear the other side.

Sometimes that happens because first time posters who only post threads to begin a flame war with other forums/places are sometimes given more credibility than they should.

Nonetheless the part that should raise eyebrows is where he says its packaging was almost non-existant.

Off-topic, but I'm surprised to see that gosatellite has cleaned up their act. They don't appear to be packaging FTA receivers with DBS dishes anymore.

True, am not that technical (using a/v cables). FYI called customer service 3 times for feedback and no response. Have analog TV (told this to sales when ordering), can't use HDMI and tried other resolution (576i), not supported. Here's the pic. Thank you.

Attachments

• PKG3.JPG
    PKG3.JPG
    35.5 KB · Views: 356
True, am not that technical (using a/v cables). FYI called customer service 3 times for feedback and no response. Have analog TV (told this to sales when ordering), can't use HDMI and tried other resolution (576i), not supported. Here's the pic. Thank you.

The blue box its what they usually ship it.

Too bad you specified you only have an analog tv and they didn't know about the greenish problem with the OpenBox (they should, its one of the big issues for lots of people).

I assume your TV doesn't have a way to connect Red/Green/Blue cables, if you could connect it that way then the greenish problem will go away =). If not, then there's an old firmware for this receiver BUT it also has some issues, like it can't decode AC3 properly, it can't be used with a switch/DiSEqC (just direct connection to the LNB).

I don't know if you want to try that or not, but if you do, please remember to backup your ABS file first to a USB memory drive.

Also... you can "solve" (or at least partially solve) the greenish problem by tunning the colors on your TV, i did that in an analog TV i have, but since it also has various color templates preset (Movie, Sports, Soft, etcetera), i chose "personalized" or "adapt" (in some Samsung models it says that), then i fine tuned the color all the way to one way or the other. And when i want to watch OTA TV or Cable i make sure to choose one of the other color templates like Movie or Sports.

I know it is not much of help but... well... i don't know =/.

Thanks for taking the time to answer Satelituser =).

Thank you for the feedback, component output (Red/Green/Blue cables) is working for most channels with a few still greenish. Curious why there is no RG6 output?

Still... The seller should respond to questions and come up with an alternative or solution and make the customer happy. As for the packaging of the product it looks fine.

Has anyone purchased from GoSatellite.com recently? I had good experience from them in the past with purchasing the Pansat 3500SD and Coolsat 8000HD but recently I tried purchasing a Pansat 9500 HDX FTA Satellite Receiver as an upgrade to the Pansat 3500SD but haven't received the unit yet, purchased on Nov 18th, received a email stating shipped that night aroun 12am EST but with no tracking number. Took me many tries to get ahold of someone since it seems the phone goes unanswered to be told the only thing they see is that the item shipped from the warehouse but unable to provide me with a tracking number and was told that I should get the tracking number by the next day. Three days later I try to contact them by phone but goes unanswered. Just wonder if anyone else is having the same experience.

No experience with them here, but that does not sound good what you said does it..

Lol they sure do have some great reviews.

Has anyone purchased from GoSatellite.com recently? I had good experience from them in the past with purchasing the Pansat 3500SD and Coolsat 8000HD but recently I tried purchasing a Pansat 9500 HDX FTA Satellite Receiver as an upgrade to the Pansat 3500SD but haven't received the unit yet, purchased on Nov 18th, received a email stating shipped that night aroun 12am EST but with no tracking number. Took me many tries to get ahold of someone since it seems the phone goes unanswered to be told the only thing they see is that the item shipped from the warehouse but unable to provide me with a tracking number and was told that I should get the tracking number by the next day. Three days later I try to contact them by phone but goes unanswered. Just wonder if anyone else is having the same experience.

UPDATE: One hour after I posted, the UPS truck came with the receiver (HURRAY!). Just odd they don't give the tracking number anymore and no one answers the phone. At least the receiver came in well packed. I am once again a happy customer.

There is a reason they arent a sponsor here anymore....mainly because they would sell the product then refer them here if they had any issues (which is no biggie) but alot of what they started selling was receivers that only had one use...and it wasnt to see the Equity channels (when they were still around) ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts