Beware! MY VOOM installs delayed indefinitely!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

schuelerd

Original poster
Jun 8, 2004
I have had my VOOM install scheduled for almost a month now...my first date was May 27, then May 26 I got a call from the installer saying they didn't get their shipment so they have to delay...expecting June 3. I called VOOM a number of times since then and they NEVER know when the install will happen. Some Quotes...

1)Voom: Sir, your installer will call you when he gets the equipment...
Me: When will that be, have you shipped it to him?
Voom: Let me check....(ON HOLD then for awhile)....then, Sir we don't know when he will get it..bear with us we are working on it.

2) Voom: We don't have any new data sir, your installer will call you when he gets the equipment.....(see above for rest)

3) Voom: We have a shipment from Motorola in but we don't know how long it will be to ship because we don't know the size of the shipment or how long it will take us to check it into inventory.
Me: Let me speak to a supervisor or someone who can commit to a date.
Voom: Sir, they are not likely to tell you anything different than I am....
I talked to a supervisor who agreed with all my frustrations then told me the same thing the other person told me.

What a TERRIBLE way to run a company....sure I understand they got overrun with more orders as a result of their promo (bad planning on their part)....but then, they don't seem to have any plan on how to fill the void or WHEN the void will be filled...there are systems that have been in place for years that will manage this....available to promise dates etc. They also seem to have no control over their suppliers....one guy told me ...sir we have to work with 4 different companies on this....BIG DEAL.....thank god they are not launching their own satellites......it would never be there.

The other thing...they are leaving a lot of revenue on the table by not being able to meet demand.......not a good sign for their overall health in the long run.

:mad:

If it makes you feel any beter, the same thing happend with Dish Network a month or 2 ago with the 811 receiver (and others).

The title of your thread is totally misleading. This is not true for everybody. I just had mine installed Friday with no equipment delays.

How can it happen with Dish?
You can install yourself with them, can't you?
I did my Direct

you are correct that the delays are not happening to everyone....but this is not an individual installer delay it's a delay with equipment from VOOM themselves...so a lot of installs in the works for right now will be impacted....hopefully they will resolve this soon.....I really want to see VOOM on my plasma....

One reason that different people are reporting different results is that some installers have extra receivers from cancellations - and some busier installers are allowed to keep an inventory.

The question we should be pondering is what caused the shortage. Presumably, Voom has had a fairly steady and predictable demand for the receivers. Did someone make a mistake and not stay on top of the orders, was it purely a supplier delay issue, or are there money problems at Voom? One of the signs of a company about to go under is that they cannot deliver their product because they can no longer pay their supplier. I have no reason to believe this is the case with Voom - but it would sure be nice to hear some assurances from them...

Update on my install fiasco. No change overall...I tried to call VOOM 3 times yesterday...twice I hung on on hold until the system effectively told me...."you have been on hold too long so we are hanging up on you, please call back! and the ACD system hung up!" WOW what customer service! I called back a second time with the same result. The third time I took the option to be called back on the number I called from...nothing there either...no call back. This is really a MESS...sitting here wondering if I should just go back to D* :mad:

I did send a note to Wilt when I got that email but I didn't get a response....that was awhile ago...HOWEVER

HOORAY!!! Maybe the time is here!!!!

Long story short...I rattled a bunch of cages today and all of a sudden, I get a call from my installer saying he's coming tomorrow afternoon and a follow up call from installs.inc 10 mins after his call confirming he called and she said she will call after the install tomorrow to confirm everything is OK. Coincidence? Who cares....at least I have a DATE that looks like it will be made.......looking forward here to get past the install quagmire and on to enjoying VOOM....I hope to be the #1 VOOM booster soon! :) :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)