BHN ads ALWAYS louder than even the other ads

jcarrera

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 15, 2006
Florida
Why do BHN ads ALWAYS have a louder volume than even the other ads surrounding them, and WAAAAAAY higher than the programming average?

For those who do not like me telling the truth...errr.....complaining....just hit next.

Why do BHN ads ALWAYS have a louder volume than even the other ads surrounding them, and WAAAAAAY higher than the programming average?

For those who do not like me telling the truth...errr.....complaining....just hit next.

Haven't noticed that to be honest with you. But I'll be on the lookout for it now. Do you have specific channels where this is happening?

Haven't noticed that to be honest with you. But I'll be on the lookout for it now. Do you have specific channels where this is happening?

Will have to watch for the next one, but it can be anywhere--it seems BHN ads are on MANY channels. But I will watch and not channel and time.

Just heard one on Annimal-44--that was only a little bit louder than stuff around it; this one was not annoying at all...didn't even mute it; about 3.50 pm.

I am working on the issue for you. If you encounter loud ones I'll need the channel, time/date etc. Thanks :)

Thanks. I will be glad to note that data and post it. Haven't heard one in the last couple of days, but have had less TV watching going on too--mostly just March Madness.

8:26pm 4-8-12, ch 60, BHN commercial, sound very reasonable.

If you had anything to do with the change, thanks! Actually, I am impressed indeed.

ADD: and 9:23 pm on ch 70; volume fine. Woohoo!

Last edited:
I have not heard one that was too loud in over a week. Kudos to you sir.

YAY!!! Let me know if you find any more. It does happen once in a while...encoders do get misconfigured or hiccup. But I know the right person to go to if it happens to get it corrected :)

I've been hearing tons that have been way too loud, at least louder than the surrounding programming and most of the other commercials. Thing is, sometimes they're Bright House ads, other times they're local ads on Bay News 9 or just non BHN ads. Would it still be worth mentioning them here?

Also, somewhat on the same topic, but am I the only one who has some channels that it seems like volume does not affect them? What I mean is, certain channels programming (FX is the first to come to mind) doesn't seem to get louder beyond a certain volume number on my TV, while the commercials on the channel remain normal. Would this be an issue on my box's end, or is it a channel thing?

I've been hearing tons that have been way too loud, at least louder than the surrounding programming and most of the other commercials. Thing is, sometimes they're Bright House ads, other times they're local ads on Bay News 9 or just non BHN ads. Would it still be worth mentioning them here?

Also, somewhat on the same topic, but am I the only one who has some channels that it seems like volume does not affect them? What I mean is, certain channels programming (FX is the first to come to mind) doesn't seem to get louder beyond a certain volume number on my TV, while the commercials on the channel remain normal. Would this be an issue on my box's end, or is it a channel thing?

No...thats not what this thread is about. Commercials that are considerably louder than the normal programming is of concern but only those things that are within BHN control and you must be specific with a time/date/channel/commercial/location so it can be tracked down.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)