BHN Questions - Melbourne Area

lou_do

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 2, 2005
Central Maine
I am currently a DirecTV subscriber, living in Melbourne, looking into my options. I have a few questions that maybe someone could answer about BHN.

1. Is Brighthouse ever going to add Fox Sports Florida, to its programing?

2. Does Brighthouse have any plans to move their basics(channels under 100) over from the grainy analog format to digital format?

3. Are there any new HD channels on the horizon for BHN?

Thanks

The answer to question 1 is, probably not, that was the main reason I switched to directv. Brighthouse in this area is completely stupid, when you consider that they carry FSN Florida on brighthouse in the tampa area. I wanted to see the marlins and devil rays games, the only way in this area is to go with directv or dish network. It doesn't matter how many times you tell them, Brighthouse does not plan to carry FSN Florida, they are morons.

Last edited:
cueman98 said:
The answer to question 1 is, probably not, that was the main reason I switched to directv. Brighthouse in this area is completely stupid, when you consider that they carry FSN Florida on brighthouse in the tampa area. I wanted to see the marlins and devil rays games, the only way in this area is to go with directv or dish network. It doesn't matter how many times you tell them, Brighthouse does not plan to carry FSN Florida, they are morons.

That is exactly the same reason I got DirecTV instead of Not SO Brighthouse. I can't believe that they don't carry FSN Florida. Many of my neighbors have dumped BHN because of their lack of carrying FSN Florida. I bet they are loosing a lot of business over not carrying them. When ever I would call them up asking about FSN Florida, they just tell you the canned answer of "I will pass it onto the Programing department."

On day, in my neighborhood, I saw a BHN tech working in a junction box. I went to him and asked him if he knew the reason why they didn't carry FSN. His answer was that he didn't know, but told me that a lot of the disconnects he has done in the past few years is because of that. As a matter of fact the one he was doing, while I was talking to him, was because they switched to DirecTV instead.

They sure are loosing a lot of business, over not having it on their system. There are many Marlin fans, here in the Melbourne area, and they can't even see their games.

No answer on the FSN quesiton but in orlando they already well today launched all digital service. the orlando area is also getting a brand new headend which will give us "Broadcast quality" singals to madulate and send on the plant to your house.