BIG 10 is BACK - A Deal Has Been Reached!

I understand having opinions... I just don't understand having opinions without one tiny shred of facts to base them on.

A few years ago there was a popular study of personal interactions called Transactional Analysis. The main point was that people could talk and respond as adults, parents, or children. When someone, such as you, responded to a conversation with a reply like "You came to that conclusion without having ANY knowledge of what's being discussed behind closed doors? Those skills were not learned at Purdue..." that was a parental reply to an adult comment. According to Transaction Theory I can only reply to a Parental transaction as a Child, so my response must be meek concession or a challenging rejection. To you and any other poster who choose to stand above others with responses like this I choose the latter reply. If you aren't intelligent or astute enough to figure out what it is PM me and I'll tell you in my response.

Last edited:
Re: DISH Has Dropped BIG 10 Network

The link you supplied says that Verizon FiOS is the clear leader in the subscription television segment and the others (Dish, DirecTV, etc.) are a distant second. I'm not sure what facts you're trying to provide?

To be fair it says dish is a distant second. All others are below that. So what he said is factual, dish is above their competitors, Fios aside.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I had already taken them up on the free Roku for the AMC channel and had also been offered half price multisport pack for 6 months that I had already accepted. I just called about Big10 and they offered Showtime and Cinemax free for 3 months. Sounded fair to me.

To be fair it says dish is a distant second. All others are below that. So what he said is factual, dish is above their competitors, Fios aside.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

My point is that it's a statistical tie (Dish +3 to 69 while DirecTV -1 to 68) - DirecTV is in that same group of distant seconds. Since the survey Dish has dropped AMC, WE, IFC and Sundance from the channel lineup; they have also dropped Big Ten Network; they are being take to trial by VOOM on Sept 19th (contract violation); they are being sued by Fox (copyright infringement); the FCC is suing them for multiple violations of Do Not Call; and I'm sure that I'm forgetting one or two other things. There is no doubt Dish has fallen a few percentage points after the May 2012 survey was posted. Additionally, apollog mistakenly referred to the survey in which Dish Network was found to be one of the Worst Companies to work for, which is a separate discussion thread.

The bottom line is that apollog is moving to a provider that will give him the channels he wants, along with a lot less drama.:)

Yep. Calling DirecTV tomorrow. I'm a AAA member so I'll order through their number and get an additional $10 off for 20 months on top of the current advertised offer. Been 3 years since I've had D*. Looking forward to whole home DVR and seeing how much their technology and service have progressed over that time. Also looking forward to having a usable On Demand service again instead of Dish's On Demand disaster.

If Direct rolls out the North American version of their service in the USVI in November I am a former Dish customer. Big 10 football season is my favorite time of year. I will also enjoy the expanded NFL coverage.

The link you supplied says that Verizon FiOS is the clear leader in the subscription television segment and the others (Dish, DirecTV, etc.) are a distant second. I'm not sure what facts you're trying to provide?

"There are a few gainers, however, among TV service providers. Up 3% to an all-time industry high of 74, Verizon’s fiber optic service (FiOS) is a clear leader. DISH Network, up 3% to 69, is a distant second place. AT&T’s U-Verse trails rival FiOS at an unchanged score of 68, while DISH’s rival DIRECTV slips 1% to 68."

These are the facts I took from the article. Unless you contend those numbers are false. If they are please tell me what facts are correct.

Back to the topic at hand: How does one really know if negotiations are ongoing in any channel dispute? How do we know if DISH and BTN are talking? How do we know if DISH and AMC are talking? How do we know if DISH and Disney / ESPN are talking? How do we know if DISH and FEARNet are talking (sorry... had to slip that in for someone on this board.. :D)

i just swiched from family plan to dish250 so i could get the big ten network. hmmmm. maybe i just need to drop dish and switch to cable here now that they finally have hd. charlie

Is there any realistic hope that this will be resolved soon? And by soon I mean within a few weeks as opposed to Dish "soon." In Iowa, I can't imagine Dish is sigining many new subscribers without the Big Ten. And I bet it's even worse in Nebraska. Not too many Cornhuskers fans will buy a TV service without Nebraska football available. I feel sorry for local Dish installers who are getting calls from disgruntled customers on top of trying to sell tv service without local football.

Is there any realistic hope that this will be resolved soon? And by soon I mean within a few weeks as opposed to Dish "soon." In Iowa, I can't imagine Dish is sigining many new subscribers without the Big Ten. And I bet it's even worse in Nebraska. Not too many Cornhuskers fans will buy a TV service without Nebraska football available. I feel sorry for local Dish installers who are getting calls from disgruntled customers on top of trying to sell tv service without local football.
think about the Indianapolis people no NBC no big 10 and no amc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)