BIG 10 is BACK - A Deal Has Been Reached!

panz32

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 8, 2008
I just got an email on this from the BTN:

Attention DISH Network customers and BTN fans,

DISH Network may drop Big Ten Network from its programming line-up. This means starting Saturday, September 1, DISH Network customers could miss over 40 BTN football games this season. DISH customers could miss the first games of the season for 12th-ranked Wisconsin, Indiana, Purdue and Urban Meyer's coaching debut with Ohio State.

DISH customers would also lose access to BTN2Go, a LIVE, 24/7 viewing experience available on computers, tablets and smartphones, with live games, extra football game channels, on-demand programming, and historical events.

DISH customers have already been without AMC and their suite of networks since June. DISH has a long history of network disputes, including FX, MTV, Nickelodeon, National Geographic Channel, Weather Channel, multiple FOX Sports regional sports networks, MSG, SportsNet NY, ESPNU and many of your local ABC, CBS, NBC and FOX stations. Some of these disputes have resulted in DISH customers losing networks for a significant period of time.

Act Now. To find providers who carry BTN, go to IWantBTN.com or call 1-855-WANT-B10 (1-855-926-8210). Stay up-to-date on the latest developments on BTN's Facebook page and on Twitter (#IWantBTN).

Charlie is in more disputes than anyone he needs to keep channels and quit dropping them and letting them go :)

Really, anyone have any additional inside insight on this? Hope this does not occur

Last edited:
I understand why there are disputes...but how come when they drop these channels I dont ever see a difference in my bill...in fact it has gone up and never down

Damn. I guess if you are going to piss off New Yorkers and not serve West Coast PAC-12 fans the next logical step is to give a big chunk of the nations heartland a reason to head for the hills.

Dish Network, the leader in channel disputes, i'm surprise no one has created an anti-Dish Network website called thetruthaboutdish.com or thetruthaboutdishnetwork.com. someone here with a vendetta with Dish should really start creating this site as a reminder of all that Dish did in the past with carriage disputes.

I understand why there are disputes...but how come when they drop these channels I dont ever see a difference in my bill...in fact it has gone up and never down

You DO see a difference, but it's like beating a dead horse.

Now they made it right with the AMC/cablevision dispute and they got Sinclair settled but,geesh this is getting old.How long has BTN been around anyway?2 years?I know it hasn't been too long and that means the agreement with Dish must have been a short one.

This would be going too far. What's the minimum Dish package required to fulfill a 2-year commitment? I would seriously have consider dropping to that package and adding Time Warner cable.

5 years, since 2007.

Man where does the time go?Shame they waited till the start of the college football season to try and work things out.They should have had it taken care of already.They lose BTN going to be a little harder to justify the price increase to $9 for multisport.

WOW! Another dispute between Dish and a content provider. Look I do like the fact that Dish plays hardball with price increases to keep their service more affordable. But, while they are lower priced product, it's not that much lower when you compare channel line-ups. And yes, Dish does have lower receiver pricing, but by spending a couple of hundred dollars upfront, I can set-up a WHDVR with my cabelco for only the price of a cable card each month.

Man where does the time go?Shame they waited till the start of the college football season to try and work things out.They should have had it taken care of already.They lose BTN going to be a little harder to justify the price increase to $9 for multisport.

Hopefully this will be resolved by next week before season starts.

This is the Dish way. They killed MSG and MSG+ just as the hockey and basketball season was just starting. They dropped Sportsnet New York as baseball was just getting started. I went to the other side (DirecTV) last year. Yeah my bill is a little more but at least I still have a picture on my TV.

...but how come when they drop these channels I dont ever see a difference in my bill...in fact it has gone up and never down
You sure you want to apply that type of logic ? If so, anytime Dish adds (1) channel, you want to see a rate increase, right ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)