BIG 10 is BACK - A Deal Has Been Reached!

Re: Dish to Drop Big Ten Network on Sept. 1?

You sure you want to apply that type of logic ? If so, anytime Dish adds (1) channel, you want to see a rate increase, right ?

Considering the reason they give most time is to save money for the consumer, it's a valid question. Yeah the bill may go up if they give in, but let's be honest, it does even if they don't. And I've yet to see it drop because of these disputes. Plus the difference between d* and e* on price is negligible and you rarely get this drama on the will they/won't they drop them question.

That said, I am not saying that they are wrong every time to dispute the agreements.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Christ on a cracker!!! Now I have to cancel my Dish install for Wednesday. I was all ready to make the jump from Direct even though AMC was gone and now this?? That's to much. I'm a Buckeye fan and I will go or stay with a provider that has The Big Ten Network. I'm sure fans of that team up North, Wisconsin and so on feel the same.

I said this before in another thread... My fear of going to Dish was them dropping ESPN, Big Ten and so on during college football season. I think one thing Charlie doesn't get or most people is the fact that we LOVE our college football and will leave no matter how much if you don't provide it. Yes I know everyone does it including Direct but man it seems like Dish does it constantly!

Yea I know some people don't care and will say goodbye just like they always do. For those people I say I can't wait till they drop two or three of your favorite channels for a really long period of time.

Just had a commercial run on Fox Sports Detroit about this. Interesting as I am sure the U of M fans really didn't want to see the season opener in 2007 (which Dish didn't run because the contract wasn't finalized) but it was available later that week again for all that missed it.

My hope is that this is fixed by Week 3 as I have tickets for the first Purdue game and NBC will run the second.

Christ on a cracker!!! Now I have to cancel my Dish install for Wednesday. I was all ready to make the jump from Direct even though AMC was gone and now this?? That's to much. I'm a Buckeye fan and I will go or stay with a provider that has The Big Ten Network. I'm sure fans of that team up North, Wisconsin and so on feel the same.

I said this before in another thread... My fear of going to Dish was them dropping ESPN, Big Ten and so on during college football season. I think one thing Charlie doesn't get or most people is the fact that we LOVE our college football and will leave no matter how much if you don't provide it. Yes I know everyone does it including Direct but man it seems like Dish does it constantly!

Yea I know some people don't care and will say goodbye just like they always do. For those people I say I can't wait till they drop two or three of your favorite channels for a really long period of time.
It'll get resolved before or within a week after CFB season starts. But yeah, it's not worth gambling a 2-year agreement over it.

It'll get resolved before or within a week after CFB season starts. But yeah, it's not worth gambling a 2-year agreement over it.

Most likely, and while I don't watch the big Ten network much, if this dealt with SEC football, considering I can see at best 14 games a season, if I missed one because of my provider, I'd swap. I may pay more, but these games are one of the few things that I have that are must watch.

This is not the smartest move Imo. Few details as of yet though

I wonder if Dish is trying to get an agreement to have BTN available to all of its subs like D*. Just some wishful thinking (although I am hoping for no more price increases).

Personally, it will not affect us. We had it when we had D* but never watched it. I do know some would want BTN without the Multi-Sport pack if it is not one of their RSNs.

Why does everyone lament a negotiation at the end of a contract as Dish losing channels?

Isn't B10 still there? Or are you wishing for B10 to remove transmission permission?

You do realize that is really what it is? Dish is not dropping the channels, B10 will withdraw permission for retransmission.

Most of these get resolved before the deadline and here you are whining about what has not yet happened - get a life.

There is more to life than football and there are certainly more important things to worry about.

Save your angst for when something happens, don't waste it on speculation.

What a waste of electrons.

Good grief!!

Why does everyone lament a negotiation at the end of a contract as Dish losing channels?

Isn't B10 still there? Or are you wishing for B10 to remove transmission permission?

You do realize that is really what it is? Dish is not dropping the channels, B10 will withdraw permission for retransmission.

Most of these get resolved before the deadline and here you are whining about what has not yet happened - get a life.

There is more to life than football and there are certainly more important things to worry about.

Save your angst for when something happens, don't waste it on speculation.

What a waste of electrons.

Good grief!!

I was making the jump to Dish! I have every right to "waste electrons"! First AMC then the Sinclair channels. We would have lost 3 local stations here in Columbus and now Big Ten? Football starts Saturday. I was going to have Dish installed Wednesday. Excuse me for being a little ticked that this could happen and I would be stuck in a two year agreement.

I do have a life. I have a wife and kids and we love our Buckeyes. This is one of the things we enjoy. When you graduate from a school like my wife and I you tend to care about it. And no we do care about other things in life. We only get college football a little during the year and excuse us for enjoying it.

Let's also not forget, unlike many cable channels, there is no easy alternate way to get these sports feeds for many customers.

msmith198025 said:
Well darn, we should do away with these discussion forums I suppose.

I agree :) while yes there is more then just tv, I get a little entertainment from watching some college football, in the end hope it's negotiating talk and all is well

i don't think it's jumping too far to think a channel on Dish could be dropped, at least for awhile. Agree or not when it happens, it does happen.

I agree :) while yes there is more then just tv, I get a little entertainment from watching some college football, in the end hope it's negotiating talk and all is well

Same here. I certainly have more important things to worry about, such as hurricane Isaac, my wife, kid, business, ect. But I do get entertainment from watching college football. Hopefully that doesn't disqualify me from having a "life" ;)

Considering the reason they give most time is to save money for the consumer, it's a valid question. Yeah the bill may go up if they give in, but let's be honest, it does even if they don't.
Here's the "corporate" bull**** answer to that:
"Yes, rates did have to go up slightly, but they would have went up more had we not negotiated with the provider."
:D

That doesn't imply that I support Dish, agree with it, and so on. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)