BIG 10 is BACK - A Deal Has Been Reached!

Well darn, we should do away with these discussion forums I suppose.
Not what I'm saying. It's good to report and discuss these developments as they occur, just not to make judgments or "the sky is falling" type assumptions without enough details. Also, I wasn't really referring to you, I just quoted the part you said about "not many details" to make my point.

i don't think it's jumping too far to think a channel on Dish could be dropped, at least for awhile. Agree or not when it happens, it does happen.
I agree. But for some to imply it's already a done deal, IS jumping too far.

I'd hardly call it a knee jerk reaction.Dish has a pretty poor track record when it comes to actually dropping channels.AMC,IFC,WE,Sundance,also remember the Fox debacle?FX,Natgeo they were all pulled for a couple of weeks during the fall new show season and world series.There is little wonder that folks get upset when they hear about these disputes.Add to that,college football is a way of life for a lot of people.

I'd hardly call it a knee jerk reaction.Dish has a pretty poor track record when it comes to actually dropping channels.AMC,IFC,WE,Sundance,also remember the Fox debacle?FX,Natgeo they were all pulled for a couple of weeks during the fall new show season and world series.There is little wonder that folks get upset when they hear about these disputes.Add to that,college football is a way of life for a lot of people.

Amen my brother!!! Preach it!!!

Just saw an ad during the Fox SF/Dev NFL Preseason Game saying that Dish could lose the network Sept. 1 if a deal isn't reached.

Dish's track record is precisely what is causing those knee-jerk reactions. The content owners know that too, which is why they are quick to throw up those crawlers (in this case, on every Fox-owned channel), which in turn puts the viewer in an uproar. It's beyond ridiculous.

well people, this will happen 6 or 7 times more until the end of this year and 12 or 14 times next year, so, it's time to move to another providers to avoid losing more channels 'cause all the disputes will not be resolved

Not what I'm saying. It's good to report and discuss these developments as they occur, just not to make judgments or "the sky is falling" type assumptions without enough details. Also, I wasn't really referring to you, I just quoted the part you said about "not many details" to make my point.

No explanation needed, I also was not replying to your post. I agree with you for the most part. :)

Dish to Drop Big Ten Network on Sept. 1 is what this thread is titled. Perhaps, and more realistically, it should say: Big Ten Network To Drop Dish on Sept. 1...

You do realize that is really what it is? Dish is not dropping the channels, B10 will withdraw permission for retransmission.

Yep, I'm sure Dish would gladly continue to carry these channels free of charge. Unfortunatley, BTN wants to get paid for their work. Dish may be dropping these channels just as much as B10 may be withdrawing retransition consent.

Most of these get resolved before the deadline and here you are whining about what has not yet happened - get a life.

There is more to life than football and there are certainly more important things to worry about.

Because it MATTERS TO A LOT OF PEOPLE WHO FERVENTLY FOLLOW COLLEGE FOOTBALL. Sure, there are more important things to life...but it is not up to you make this judgment for others. ;)

Besides, the "battle of words" has alreay started: http://www.iwantbtn.com/

One of the things that stands out to me is the fact that Dish raised the price of multisport from $7 to $9 back in June I believe it was.One could naturally assume that Dish would have been anticipating a price increase from BTN.Possibly others as well.It would be so nice if the terms of these contracts at least the monetary details were public knowledge.As it is you never know if BTN is asking too much or Dish is offering too little.At any rate,I hope they get it resolved by Sept 1st.

I was mad about AMC being dropped but as a huge sports fan this is even worse. At least when they pulled AMC I could still get my shows on Amazon or iTunes. There is no legal alternative for live BTN games that I am aware of.

I like my hopper but I am completely fed up with Dish and their disputes. I can't say that I would feel comfortable ever signing another contract with Dish if they keep this up. You never know which channel will be next and I'm not sure any of them are safe anymore. If this continues to be the norm for Dish I am under my last ever Dish contract. I have no faith in them to continue to provide the shows and sports I pay them for.

Last edited:
Stop wasting electrons on something you choose to comment on but don't see as important and think eveyrone else should follow your way of thinking.

Why does everyone lament a negotiation at the end of a contract as Dish losing channels?

Isn't B10 still there? Or are you wishing for B10 to remove transmission permission?

You do realize that is really what it is? Dish is not dropping the channels, B10 will withdraw permission for retransmission.

Most of these get resolved before the deadline and here you are whining about what has not yet happened - get a life.

There is more to life than football and there are certainly more important things to worry about.

Save your angst for when something happens, don't waste it on speculation.

What a waste of electrons.

Good grief!!

sine its a sports channel you can bet it will be dropped.

Charlie is a Vols fan so he doesn't care about any other team

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts