BIG 10 is BACK - A Deal Has Been Reached!

Scherrman said:
Well you have have to understand that Dish is giving you hundreds of dollars worth of equipment and labor for free. In order to have that you need to sign a contract staying with them for 2 years so they can make their money back. Channels come and go all the time so they place that in the contract so you can't leave if a channel is dropped. It makes sense to me.

I understand your point but I also paid $200 plus installation for my 2h/3j system. Plus it's not like the equipment is useless if I quit. They can still put it in someone else's house and charge another $200 plus installation.

I understand your point but I also paid $200 plus installation for my 2h/3j system. Plus it's not like the equipment is useless if I quit. They can still put it in someone else's house and charge another $200 plus installation.

That's assuming you're one of the consumers that actually cares and returns the equipment. Also people may only watch a few channels, but they have signed up for the delivery of several hundred channels of programming, so Dish is still delivering programming to customers the content of said programming is just changing.

I've said it before, if you don't want to be concerned with a contract or programming disputes, then buy the equipment and come and go as you please.

To those of you with DISH wanting to watch Minnesota....BigTen Network has messed it up and they currently have no feed due to 'technical difficulties'...so you aren't missing much.

osu1991 said:
That's assuming you're one of the consumers that actually cares and returns the equipment. Also people may only watch a few channels, but they have signed up for the delivery of several hundred channels of programming, so Dish is still delivering programming to customers the content of said programming is just changing.

I've said it before, if you don't want to be concerned with a contract or programming disputes, then buy the equipment and come and go as you please.

Customers aren't signing up for delivery. They are signing up for programming. That argument is ridiculous.

Customers aren't signing up for delivery. They are signing up for programming. That argument is ridiculous.

That may be, but this is how providers do it (Dish, Direct, your cell phone, cable boxes, ect). If you buy the equipment, you can leave whenever you want. If you want equipment at no cost, you get the contract that you must abide by or pay the termination fee.

Programming is available from many other sources. You are signing up for delivery.

Unless some form of ala-carte comes about, the argument that one is signing up just for specific programming is moot as Dish can't give anyone specific programming, they can only deliver bundled programming and said bundle can change at any time.

for me, Dish has two weeks to get this back, If Saturday Sept 29 comes and goes with no Big 10, I will be moving on to Direct.

Not a very nice birthday present, Dish! My Boilers are winning and all I can see is a slate on channel 439/9500.

And the BTN2go app kicked me out, too.

Attachments

• image-1909279849.jpg
    image-1909279849.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 198
Man what a mess if Dish can't reach an agreement with BTN they are going to take a big hit this quarter and dare I say deservedly so.

I've always been one of the biggest defenders of Dish on here, but today I'll pulled the trigger on Directv. I'm not happy that I'm losing Epix and Retroplex, but it just gets old going thru this over and over. With the BTN it's even worse, since it's a here and gone thing, over and over lately. There were about five channels that I wouldn't go without, and unfortunately for Dish, they found one of them. The longer I wait, the more backed up the installs will be here in Big 1o country, so no more waiting.

Just wondering....and trying to be a bit hopefull that because on the channel big ten was one, it talks about continued talk. Is that just talk....or is it something realistic that they are trying to work something out

What other business results in paying customers being caught in the crossfire so often?

I can live without BTN for a few weeks, but something has to change. It is unacceptable that Dish repeatedly cannot reach contract agreements without impacting their customers. Negotiations should be transparent to the customer except in the most extreme case, but unfortunately Dish has turned the extreme case into the norm.

BTN should be regional and available to all subs that have multisport.That's how Pac12 is.Possibly ala carte

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts