Big Bang Theory discussion

I would rather see the show cancelled than see CBS give in to crazy salary demands. The show made them and not the other way around, besides the show has gone downhill since the early years.

Outrageous salaries are why there are so many stupid reality shows on TV now and also don't forget the ever shorter show lengths so they can pack in more and more commercials.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

OTOH, the show is quite profitable. The actors were not hopeful beginners. Most had significant roles in their past. So the question is, given the pot of money coming in, why shouldn't the actors who make it successful take a share? You think if they accept a lower salary, the union electrician will have to accept less? No, that money will still come in and the producers would get more.

I thought they were demanding a salary increase of about three times as much as they are making now. Are the ratings three times better now? Writers write the lines that make or break a show.

Chuck has shown that he's not afraid to adopt the show to spite the stars.

They are the #1 comedy on TV, and one of the top shows period. They should be the top paid actors. Seems logical to me.

S~

$ 1 million per sounds absurd but this is a top rated show that anchors a night. Salaries like that are not unheard of in that circumstance. Having said that I would be very surprised if any of them ever reach that milestone again. Acting is a pyramid from a salary perspective and these three are just cashing in on their brief time at the top.

$ 1 million per sounds absurd but this is a top rated show that anchors a night. Salaries like that are not unheard of in that circumstance. Having said that I would be very surprised if any of them ever reach that milestone again. Acting is a pyramid from a salary perspective and these three are just cashing in on their brief time at the top.

Hard to say. The Friends cast negotiated similar numbers for their last seasons and most of them have gone on have careers beyond that series. Jim Parsons did a very credible job on the HBO movie about the dawn of AIDS in NY, and he didn't play Sheldon. Most of the other actors have had significant careers outside of BBT, and I am confident we will see more of them after the series ends.

Reactions: lakebum431
I really can't feel sorry for these poor actors who don't realize just how good they have it now, must be real hard to live on only 7-8 million a year.

I think the main 3 want a jump from $325,000/a Week to 1 Million+% of back end/a Week each

I think the main 3 want a jump from $325,000/a Week to 1 Million+% of back end/a Week each

Well the FRIENDS crew did the same thing once they saw their ratings numbers soar, so I can see the Big Bangers doing the same thing. CBS can afford it. After all they will be running these shows in syndication for years to come.

CBS can afford it. After all they will be running these shows in syndication for years to come.
CBS doesn't own the show, Chuck Lorre & Warner Bros. own it, and they'll be the ones making the syndication cash, not CBS.

CBS inked a 3-yr. deal with Lorre and WB, they won't be paying more than that. It's up to Lorre & WB to pay any raise. And with the ratings and money the show makes, they'll likely cave in. Especially with Friends setting up a precedent in the stars salaries.

This isn't a 2 1/2 men thing with Lorre replacing just Charlie, this is the entire main cast. They were very smart to go the Friends route and negotiate together, as Lorre can't save the show by getting rid of one or two the way he did 2 1/2 men. It's all or nothing.

Well if CBS wants to have one of the highest rated comedies on their network , they will pay more. That's the way it always has worked in the past. CBS loves to charge more for their national CBS channels, it's only fair someone else get some money out of the deal. I say Pay the Big Bangers what they want or Sheldon , Leonard and Penny and friends walk.

Reports are that they get 1 million each, for the remaining 72 episodes, as well as some syndication rights.
Following prolonged negotiations that resulted in abrief production delay, stars Jim Parsons, Johnny Galecki and Kaley Cuoco have inked rich new three-year deals to return to the CBS hit, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed. Simon Helberg and Kunal Nayyar are still in negotiations, but an agreement is expected to be reached this week. Warner Bros. Television declined to comment.

The show, which was renewed for three additional seasons through its 10th run, likely resumes production Wednesday after a one-week delay that occurred when the five stars refused to return to work without new deals. (Their contracts expired in May at the end of season seven.)

Emmy-winner Parsons, Galecki and Cuoco negotiated together and were seeking big salary increases. Sources tell THR that the trio, who currently earn $325,000 per episode, likely secured about $1 million per half-hour with an increased cut of the show's backend. The deals are said to bring the three into the Friends region, with that cast negotiating together and locking in $1 million per episode with studio WBTV. (Big Bang Theory is a massive hit in syndication, with TBS' repeats regularly topping the weekly syndication ratings.) The pacts are also said to include a greater percentage of the show's back-end, overall deals and more.

Co-stars Mayim Bialik and Melissa Rauch previously inked new deals with WBTV, with both earning big raises in September when the cast's contract talks began.

It's unclear if the one-week delay will result in a reduced episode from the show's standard 24, though it typically takes three weeks to turn in a completed episode and the delay could likely be overcome during the season.

The three-season renewal gave the cast considerable leverage — especially considering Big Bang is TV's No. 1 comedy among total viewers, a metric it has held since the 2010-11 season. Season seven regularly topped 20 million viewers per week, up 4 percent year-over-year, with an impressive 6.1 rating among the advertiser-coveted adults 18-49 demographic. The show is also a hit in syndication on TBS, with repeats often topping some of the Big Four broadcast networks' original fare. Big Bang is again nominated for best comedy series, but the show has yet to take home that trophy. Parsons — a three-time winner — is nominated for the seventh time for his starring turn as Sheldon Cooper.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/big-bang-theory-trio-inks-721662

I know that many here were against this but someone had to make the $ and I am glad for them that tehy got some of it. Admittedly they were not on food stamps before----but WB is unliekly to go out of business either.

I know that many here were against this but someone had to make the $ and I am glad for them that tehy got some of it. Admittedly they were not on food stamps before----but WB is unliekly to go out of business either.

WB will make money in reruns for many years, having 10 or 11 seasons will make even more money.

Question: Any info on the Big Bang Theory season premiere?
Ausiello: For those curious about Sheldon’s whereabouts all summer, I can confirm that he did, in fact, get on that train (vs. just squatting in the station, as some have speculated). The bigger question you should be asking yourself is whether he ever stepped foot outside the train during his epic journey.
http://tvline.com/2014/08/05/the-big-bang-theory-season-8-spoilers-sheldon-train/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts