Big Bang Theory discussion

I think that there is a little geek in everyone. It is only a matter of you admitting it to the public. Most won't because they want to look cool.

Next Episode: Season 7, Episode 8

Thursday, November 14, 2013

"The Itchy Brain Simulation": When a mistake comes to light, Sheldon makes Leonard walk a mile in his shoes; Penny decides to confront Raj's ex.

S~

Next Episode: Season 7, Episode 9

Thursday, November 21, 2013

"The Thanksgiving Decoupling": When the gang decides to spend Thanksgiving at Mrs. Wolowitz's house, Sheldon protests; Leonard and Penny deal with an error from her past.

S~

Thanksgiving Dinner
Would have been even funnier if Sheldon kissed Amy instead of slapping her on the butt.
Then in subsequent shows, he could deny any memory of it. ;)

I'm not sure if TBBT will be renewed for eighth season or not but I'm almost certain two things will happen before the series ends.

1) Sheldon & Amy will have sex
2) Penny & Lenard will get married.

I'm not sure if TBBT will be renewed for eighth season or not but I'm almost certain two things will happen before the series ends.

1) Sheldon & Amy will have sex
2) Penny & Lenard will get married.

I think both of those events are jump the shark moments, and if they occur will happen in the final wrap up episodes.

TBBT won another award this year, didn't it?
Hard to believe it wouldn't get renewed.
...unless the cast is tired of doing it.
But that's got to be a big monthly check to walk away from.
And as much as I love that show, I wouldn't hire most of them for something else. ;)
Maybe Sheldon...

TBBT won another award this year, didn't it?
Hard to believe it wouldn't get renewed.
...unless the cast is tired of doing it.
But that's got to be a big monthly check to walk away from.
And as much as I love that show, I wouldn't hire most of them for something else. ;)
Maybe Sheldon...

I have to agree, none of the starts on the BBT would do well outside the show. They have a great chemistry on screen together playing these parts. It is like Sienfield, or even Friends... How many can do well on their own?

I was thinking of That 70's Show.
A few from that large cast went on to some success.
But how many are getting a regular paycheck...
...or have done much of anything memorable?
Well, I think 3 have done one or more movies.
But I wouldn't bet the farm on more than one from that giant ensamble.
The only ones I'd place a wager on from BBT, would be:
Jim Parsons as Sheldon Cooper
Melissa Rauch as Bernadette Rostenkowski
And it's not that I don't like the others; I certainly do!
The show as-is, really works.

I have to agree, none of the starts on the BBT would do well outside the show. They have a great chemistry on screen together playing these parts. It is like Sienfield, or even Friends... How many can do well on their own?

I think you are congratulating the cast on doing well at portraying their characters. The fact is that most of the cast has had significant work before the show.

Johnny Galecki was a regular on Roseanne
Kaley Cuoco was a Disney kid on multiple series.
Simon Helberg was a regular on MAD TV
Mayam Bialic was TV's Blossom
Melissa Rauch played Summer on True Blood, something way different than Bernadette.

All of the actors have also had significant guest appearances and voiceover work before BBT started. These folks may not hit the jackpot again, but they will all at least have ongoing careers. The other thing to remember is that they are comedians, and IMO are doing a terrific job of putting on a caricature for the show.

These folks may not hit the jackpot again, but they will all at least have ongoing careers.

Much better said. Very few actors can go from being a star on a mega hit TV show for years and land a starring role on another mega TV hit. They can still have successful careers following, but there is something special that happens on the mega hits with actor chemistry that just turns out to have been a great match up. The odds of it repeating with one of the same actors is pretty slim.

Kaley Cuoco was on "8 Simple rules for dating my teenage daughter"

She was also on Charmed near the end of that show's run on WB. I don't know if it was on the early CW as well.

As for T.B.B.T., I only watch it when it's new on CBS itself. Between the rerun blocks on TBS and the hour each weeknight on my FOX affiliate, I think the show is way overexposed.

On the other hand, it means more Kaley Cuoco (Penny)! :cheer2:

I don't usually watch the reruns either, but I got caught up in the one the other night where Lenard and Penny went on their first "date" that wasn't really a date. Was really funny to see how far the characters have come.

To me it is a great show, and given its ratings, the non geeks of the world must love it too.
I have a Bazinga t-shirt and I got asked by many, many people where I got it, told that it's their favorite show, and so on.

I still remember watching the first few episodes when it first aired and thought, "I'm not going to watch this and get into it. It will just get cancelled. Who will watch a show about two, hard-core science geeks and their hot, blonde neighbor?". :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)