Big Bang Theory nails Microsoft's problems...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rockymtnhigh

Hardly Normal
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 14, 2006
Normal, IL
Sheldon to Bill Gates: "Maybe if you weren't so distracted by sick children in Africa, you could have put a little more thought into Windows Vista."

:D :D

(Or Win Mobile 7 or the Microsoft store or Windows Tablets or pretty much everything else in the past few years) - my edit. ;)

A little humor for Saturday morning to start the day.

Why Bill Gates? Bill Gates has retired from Microsoft years ago!

(And what he is doing during his retirements is pretty honorable, I must add.)

When talking in big terms, I think he did at least 100 times more for humanity than St. Jobs.
But he'll be forgotten a few years after he passes while the second will be canonized.

The finicky nature of human perception.

This is not to say that Vista wasn't a dud...:)

Diogen.

As much as I loved that line, I have never had a problem with Vista and thought it was and still is a wonderful operating system, best Windows OS I've ever used second to Windows 2000. I preordered it from Tiger and have been using it since the third day it was out and love it. Never had any issues with it and my almost 8 year old Compaq runs it beautifully and I couldn't ask for anything better on my 2.5 year old HP. I had Windows 6.1 errr I mean 7 for a few days and couldn't stand it, in fact I still don't like it but moving forward I'll have no choice but to use it. But at least with the Classic Shell overlay I can get the Classic Start Menu back.

But yes, Gates has done a lot for the planet, much more than Lord Jobs. But Gates is often ridiculed and Lord Jobs is idolized while his sheeple froth at the mouth over the mere mention of his name.

I too liked Vista and have not had any issues on any of my PCs that others mention. But, Windows 7 is far from "err". It is by far the best version of Windows every created by MS

It was a joke. Folks, why Bill Gates? Well, would tv viewers laugh at Sheldon to Steve Ballmer?

And Dodge, notice I did not include W7 in my editorial. I agree, a very solid OS.

When talking in big terms, I think he did at least 100 times more for humanity than St. Jobs.
But he'll be forgotten a few years after he passes while the second will be canonized.

The finicky nature of human perception.

This is not to say that Vista wasn't a dud...:)

Diogen.
Absolutely! However, I think Bill had his losers too, recall Windows Millenium. While his African endeavor is honorable, even he is not big enough to make a difference. People have to want change for it to happen. He is wasting his time and money.

BTW- I'm using Vista here and never had any problems with it. Wasn't the real problem with Vista in computers that were upgraded? I quit messing with upgrading OS when PnP hit and made a decision to just buy a whole new hardware set designed for the OS when I wanted to upgrade. Life has been more pleasant since that decision. Reason I haven't gone to windows 7 here is because stuff does the job I require now under XP and Vista.

I too liked Vista and have not had any issues on any of my PCs that others mention.
Same here. Just do a clean install, for heaven's sake!
BUT, after Win7 came out, it became clear that MS just missed the boat with Vista.
The very fact Win7 is 90% Vista proves this very point...

Diogen.

But, Windows 7 is far from "err". It is by far the best version of Windows every created by MS

It was my attempt at humor at Microsoft marketing. My point was Windows 7 is actually Windows NT version 6.1. Windows 2000 was NT 5.0, XP was 5.1, Vista was Windows 6.0 and Windows 7 is 6.1.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)