GEOSATpro BIG BLUE DOT - Scrambled Notice Timeout?

tekjunkie02

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 9, 2012
n.fla
Any way to remove this big blue dot and the message from the screen while viewing? Or, is there any way to set it to "time out" after a minute or so?

Thanks,

It also appears on scrambled channels. Perhaps tekjunkie02 means viewing video that is ITC, but with scrambled audio (such as Veterans Affair Channel 2 on 123W)?

It also appears on scrambled channels. Perhaps tekjunkie02 means viewing video that is ITC, but with scrambled audio (such as Veterans Affair Channel 2 on 123W)?

If the service has a defined PID in the PMT which is encrypted, the STB is only doing what it is programmed to do... If you wish the STB to ignore or override the broadcaster's definition of the service, the tables and/or PIDs will require modification from the configuration that was logged during the channel scan.

Maybe try the ALI Editor and eliminate the encryped APID and/or uncheck the scrambled flag?

Sorry for not getting back sooner. I was watching a channel that was marked as scrambled, but the video was ITC. The micro puts up the "Big Blue Dot" and the word scrambled in the center of the screen, and it stays there.
This same "Dot" is put up for other reasons with other messages too.

You answered my question, you said I could edit the channel using the editor.

I was also suggesting you just program in a time out of maybe 1 minute for that display, that way it would still display to notify anyone flipping channels, but would then just go away after the 60 seconds...maybe?

Thanks,

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)