OTHER Do I need a bigger dish?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Post a screenshot of the LNB configuration screen. Some software packages for PCIE/USB tuners have strange set ups with the switch frequency. Sometimes the LO needs to be entered into the first position in order for the switching frequency to scan properly. I recall one software that I had to select C-band as the LNB type then change the LO from 5150 to 10750.

Reactions: . Raine
Below are screen shots:
1. DVB Dream Maverick PLL LNB
2. DVB Dream Universal WSI 2 LO LNB
3. TBS Viewer Maverick PLL LNB
4. TBS Viewer Universal WSI 2 LO LNB

dvbdream pll lnb.jpg
dvbdream univ lnb.jpg
tbsviewer pll lnb.jpg
tbsviewer univ lnb.jpg

I've never used either software, but on the first one I'm going to guess that you have to change the LNB type from Universal otherwise it's going to try to use the high range which you've defined as 0. On the second software, maybe put the 10750 into the high box instead of, or in addition to, the low box?

Actually it works with first software. Second software is tricky. For some satellites it requires all three values, LO1 LO2 and SW, filled in with non zero, for other it accepts zeros. Today I cannot play with it because I had to dismantle the dish, it was on a deck table. Will try tomorrow again.

So I cheated the scanner:
success.jpg

This was Maverick. SatLink readings are good. To see how it compares with MSI I'll wait for a bad weather.
Thank you all for valuable input.
Michael

Reactions: KE4EST

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)