Fortec Channel Data File for Fortec Star Lifetime Ultra

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dsmith0429

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 12, 2013
Lake Placid, FL
Anyone know where I can find a Channel Data File for Fortec Star Lifetime Ultra? I was able to get an updated firmware file, Uploader, & Channel Editor software directly from Fortec's website, but haven't found a site with bin files of Channel Data. I want one with all the North American satellites.

UPDATE: I found my answer, I'm creating my own using the tools provided by Fortec, specifically Fortecstar STB Updater v3.31 and gTools v1.8.5.851. I manually created a file with the satellites I wanted in gTools v1.8.5.851, downloaded to receiver, used the receiver's Power Scan feature to scan for all transponders. After it updated the channels, I uploaded to the PC using Fortecstar STB Updater v3.31, saved to a .bin file. Now I have a fully updated channel list backup! :D

Last edited:
Anyone know where I can find a Channel Data File for Fortec Star Lifetime Ultra? I was able to get an updated firmware file, Uploader, & Channel Editor software directly from Fortec's website, but haven't found a site with bin files of Channel Data. I want one with all the North American satellites.

UPDATE: I found my answer, I'm creating my own using the tools provided by Fortec, specifically Fortecstar STB Updater v3.31 and gTools v1.8.5.851. I manually created a file with the satellites I wanted in gTools v1.8.5.851, downloaded to receiver, used the receiver's Power Scan feature to scan for all transponders. After it updated the channels, I uploaded to the PC using Fortecstar STB Updater v3.31, saved to a .bin file. Now I have a fully updated channel list backup! :D

Hi Buddy,

Would you mind sharing your bin file?

Thanks,
Dean
That post was from Oct 10, 2013, I don't use a PC anymore, switched to a Mac. Also, the software doesn't seem to work well past Windows XP.

If you have access to an older PC with Windows XP, you can create your own from http://www.satelliteguys.us/thelist/downloadable.html you will have to put in your Latitude & Longitude, then click create and download using "Download Link (File is Gzipped)", because the zip version no longer works. Then you wil have to extract the file from the gzip file.

You will also need ChannelMaster (which is also discontinued, and difficult to find on the internet) to open the file and edit the settings, and it can also upload to the FortecStar receiver. I should still have the software on a backup somewhere, just have to locate it.

These are the names of the last official files that was for this receiver, but they are no longer available from FortecStar:

STB Editor 1.85 (June 17, 2004)
Uploader - v.3.31 (August 08, 2004)
Firmware - v.2.73 PAL (April 25, 2005)
Firmware - v.2.72 NTSC (May 19, 2005)

If I can locate the files, I'll be glad to share.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)