Big CBand Help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

vista-pro

Original poster
Jan 22, 2008
HI.!! Im New All....I Have a 11-12FT Dish have not used it since 1991 never could find the remote to it i sat it somewhere and finally found it going thru things in the basement. now i go to move this dish and i look out at my windows and see the dish which is probably i would say 60 foot away from my window. well i find out its no longer moving what could cause this? i have the pulse and Actuator wires pluged up. if someone would tell me why this is not working please do. i had my friend listen to it outside he tells me he hears a noise clicking and poping. could it possbily be broken? after all these years maybe rusted or frozen? how do i go about moving this dish in my back yard it is on the side of my yard and has to be moved cause of Line Of Sight what are steps i could take in moving this huge wind catching monster. :p

Attachments

• sat-big.jpg
    sat-big.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 198
You may have a bad actuator or just plain rust.

Un-plug your receiver and try some spray lube on it. While you are at it remove the cover from the actuator and clean the wire terminals. Try to find someone help you, who can see if you are receiving voltage at the actuator.

If all else fails buy a new actuator. You can buy an eighteen inch one on ebay for less than fifty bucks plus shipping.

As for moving, thats what friends are made for, be sure to lay in an ample stock of beer.

Remove the dish first, lots of spray lube, then the dish mover from the top of the post. If your post is in good condition you may be able to move it, depends on how much concrete is in the ground, if not buy a new or used piece of pipe.

A good place to look for pipe is at salvage yards and fence company's.

Find a good spot for the dish, dig a deep hole, plumb the pole and lots of concrete. Then reassemble.

Ok everyone i've taken the Actuator arm off completey it was rusted nothing i can do with it. where can i order one? ebay i looked but no luck. thanks so much i will be moving this satellite tomorrow and thursday hopefully i do this right any instruction's i know the pole has to be plump. any pointers please help :eek:

new to digital and dish's thread

I ordered a new arm 59 dollars shipped off ebay im going putting a new pole down tomorrow. i order some New Coax Cable from Skyvision book
100ft ribbon cable for 80$ , i got a friend of mine welding some angle iron on the side's so it doesnt turn when high winds come around.:eurekai read that on a website . also i was talking to some one down the street that still use's cband he told me analog is about dead now. i didn't know that. i guess i'll have to buy a digital receiver box im not sure what to look for i was looking up and i seen 4dtv pop up on the search i am not sure what is under that feed cover. i dont think i've ever been into it it was install here around 1988 when things we almost like free.i dont remember why i stop using it now probably some reason or another im rambling now stay tuned thanks so much

There are basically 2 types of Digital scheme's up there. Actually there are more, but these 2 I'm refering to are the more common. The 4dtv has one of them, it's called Digicipher2 and the other is DVB and is usually what is refered to when talking about FTA (free to air). The 2 are not compatible and will require separate receivers. The 4dtv is usually used for subscription services with a few free channels in the mix. While DVB is mostly used for Backhauls and News feeds and some Ethnic Programming channels, along with some English channels, that may be found it the clear (FTA). The 4dtv 922 and 920 models are also Analog receivers as well as Digital receivers. There are so many different ways to go, it would take a book to explain it all? But, this little bit is a start. Good Luck!

Al

i've got the poled moved now finally. i used 25 bags of quickcrete 1st tomorrow im hoping it will be dry enough to mount the dish on with. i have to find out where the dish is located now not sure what satellite it is on i put the old arm back on.. how do i tell what satellite its on by looking at it .or is it away? please let me know thank you

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)