Big Changes Coming My Way! :)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

linuxman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 16, 2006
North West of St. Louis, MO
We have decided that it was time to sell our commercial building and begin planning for something a little smaller for a gradual descent towards retirement. We figure with the economy the way it is, and our youngest with still a year to go to finish High School, that we would put it on the market now with the hopes that it will sell in a year or so.

The other two kids have left home, and once this one is finished, we won't need such a big space any longer, so it's time to get rid of the overhead and move on.

With that in mind, over the past week, I have run separate wires from my SSO receiver in my room to the 10 foot perforated Unimesh dish on the parking lot in front of the building, and finished the switch over from my huge diseqc 1.1, 30 plus LNBFs to the single dish being moved with my trusty GBox.

I will probably add to that dish using my 1 Meter Primestar dish operated on USALS and my SG2100, and perhaps keep my GeosatPro 90CM dish that is setup on 97-101 and maybe one more Primestar 84e fixed on a couple of Ku satellites.

Everything else in my satellite inventory is going to be put up for sale. C-Band Dishes, PrimeStar Dishes, non-penetrating mounts for both C-Band, and Ku-Band dishes, switches, receivers, orthomode feed-horns, LNBFs, Co-Rotors, Telemann Satellite Meter, my vast array of LNBs that I have collected over the years, even down to the concrete blocks that are used as ballast for the mounts.

I am hoping to keep the equipment that I will be using in my new mini-farm, and move it to wherever we end up going to, so if you would like to the buy the entire setup in one lump sum, speak now or it will all be sold off piece by piece. :)

Of course, you could buy the building with everything all setup as well, but finding that kind of buyer would be a miracle indeed. :D

I'm not getting out of the hobby, I'm simply getting ready for the next phase in my life.

Wow, that's gonna be quite a project just to clear that roof. :eek:

Congrats on getting your kids as far as you have and good luck on this transition. :)

Retire and in 6 months you'll set down one day and wonder how you ever got anything done while working a full time job! Been there, doing that! But yeah, I stay busy doing this or that and don't seem to get that much done either. I do love it though and have for the last 5 years. Hope it will still be available for you when you're ready!

Linuxman, maybe the county , or state would buy your building and finish it out in other new comm equipment-make a nice communication or emergency operations center! Good luck to you , hope you find a really nice place to be.

Linuxman, you're selling prime dish farm real estate (that enormous flat roof)! I don't know if I could bring myself to do it if I had such a facility (I'm stuck with a 9' x 5.5' flat roof), but good luck with the transition!

You could sell the building to a SatelliteGuy, and then you wouldn't have to worry about clearing the roof. As a bonus, the lucky SatelliteGuy would inherit the ultimate dish farm!

Thanks for the good thoughts and well wishes guys.

Yes, Keith, I would imagine that I do have a mile of coax used in this setup. I know I bought several 1000 foot rolls and it probably will take a year to clear everything off. :yikes:

Tron, I would love to sell the building to a Satguy, and just leave everything like it is, but that is a million to one chance.

I thought it would be a nice opportunity for Iceberg to come South where it is a little warmer in the winter, and certainly not as much snow. He would then have the roof that he has always wished for. :)

I started posting some of the items for sale in the classifieds today.

Come and get it!!

:(
This is like watching your best friend's family move out of the childhood neighborhood and downsize into the condos across town! It just isn't right!

Glad that you are staying in our town! :D

:(
This is like watching your best friend's family move out of the childhood neighborhood and downsize into the condos across town! It just isn't right!

Glad that you are staying in our town! :D

Thanks Brian!

Not leaving, just making changes, and I am staying in town for as long as I can.

It has been mentioned by some friends that my prices that I started with in my first offerings were a little high, so I have lowered them to be a little more aggressive. :)

Take another look in the classifieds.

Wow, good deal on the Birdview dishes, too!
Lot of modifications, and refurbishment went into 'em.
Anybody in the area would be lucky to get either the white solid, or that beautiful perforated dish.
Beats the hell out of all the concrete-crushing I did to get mine!
Could pick yours up in the morning, and be watching C-band S2 before sunset!

I really do wish I lived closer to you, Linuxman! Would you consider floating the stuff down the Mississippi? :D

That Prodelin with NPRM surely does look nice. Heck, with all the work you put into that project, that dish is a legend here on SatelliteGuys!

I really do wish I lived closer to you, Linuxman! Would you consider floating the stuff down the Mississippi? :D

That Prodelin with NPRM surely does look nice. Heck, with all the work you put into that project, that dish is a legend here on SatelliteGuys!

I'm only half a mile from the Mississippi, and building a raft that would float the stuff down the river wouldn't be that hard, but I think it might need a boat alongside it to make sure it arrived safely. That of course means having to drive the boat both ways. I think it would just be easier for you to borrow a truck and drive up here to get the stuff. :)

I added a few C-Band dishes to the classifieds. :cool:

Also be sure to check out the give-away for the GeosatPro SL2 Ku LNBFs in the FTA section.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)