Status
Please reply by conversation.

sundrop

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 27, 2010
Missouri
do they show up at midnight?
should my guide show them for tommorrow?

im excited...over locals lol

I know the feeling I was excited when Dish added Joplin a while back. I am really glad Direct finally will be adding them, nice to have more options.

So the 15th is day. I am excitied too. I can finally move to Joplin/Pittsburg DMA. Any ideas if there will be any SV channels from Neighboring markets? Like KTUL, KJRH, OR KOED for Ottawa Co, Oklahoma (74354).

It must be tomorrow :/

Nothing is on the reciever today. Damn the installer and rep's telling me it was today

So the 15th is day. I am excitied too. I can finally move to Joplin/Pittsburg DMA. Any ideas if there will be any SV channels from Neighboring markets? Like KTUL, KJRH, OR KOED for Ottawa Co, Oklahoma (74354).

These are the full powered locals in your market

KOAM CBS
KODE ABC
KFJX FOX
KSNF NBC
KOZJ PBS
KCLG ION
KCLJ TBN

Ion will be the national feed remapped and TBN is already up there. The others I posted that they are uplinked already at 99W. I do not see a CW for the market

Last edited:
I just got off the phone with d*. I talked with 2 csr's and they both confirmed my dma (Biloxi-Gulfport) is lighting up tomorrow. So I guess all 3 June dma's are tomorrow.

Ok can anyone confirm what channels are on for the Joplin,MO/Pittsburg, KS market? I just looked it up and it is only showing:

ABC (KODE) - 12 (SD Only)
NBC (KSNF) - 16 (SD Only)
PBS (KOZJ) - 26 (SD Only)

We are missing CBS (KOAM) - 7 and FOX (KFJX) - 14 and of course HD. We should get some kind of CW too since we don't have a local one. All the cable companies in this area have a CW Plus feed. I know this is day 1 so there will be some glitches, just want to make sure that they are all on.

The discussion on DBSTalk has been that there is a carriage dispute with the company that runs both KOAM and KFJX. Hopefully it will be resolved soon.

My DMA (Biloxi-Gulfort, MS) launch was today, yet nothing on my recievers. I call up D*, and they tell me there is a "glitch" in the system. They tell me to call back tomorrow. I am an understanding guy. However, I will call back in a few hours. Unless, anyone thinks I should actually wait until tomorrow.

My DMA (Biloxi-Gulfort, MS) launch was today, yet nothing on my recievers. I call up D*, and they tell me there is a "glitch" in the system. They tell me to call back tomorrow. I am an understanding guy. However, I will call back in a few hours. Unless, anyone thinks I should actually wait until tomorrow.

I'm moving to Keesler AFB at the end of the month. Do you get Half Biloxi (WLOX, WXXV), Half New Orleans (WWL, WDSU) or is it Half Biloxi, Half Mobile (WKRG, WPMI)? I saw on one of their sites posted here a month ago that it was supposed to Half Mobile but when i checked the D* locals site it says we would get WWL and WDSU.

Here is the site I am referring to.
Enter Address

Last edited:
While on the phone today, I was told I was to get channel 4 (wwl) and channel 6 (wdsu) along with Lox and xxv. This is what I want! And makes me even more anxious to get the locals lit up! SO I will believe it when I see it!

Last edited:
I looked at the list of locals for Biloxi again and I now noticed that none of them are in HD. So I am convinced that I will be "moving" my address to a New Orleans or Mobile area address for the HD.

Still waiting on Joplin/Pittsburg

Just did a authorization resend. Still nothing

OK channels showed up.

You are right, this is all they launched for our market
ABC KODE 12 HD
NBC KSNF 16 HD
PBS KOZJ 26 SD

I looked at the list of locals for Biloxi again and I now noticed that none of them are in HD. So I am convinced that I will be "moving" my address to a New Orleans or Mobile area address for the HD.

They are showing up in my guide and ARE HD. WWL and WDSU are our CBS and NBC.

NOW if D* would flippin' light 'em up!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)