big day tomorrow(locals) 64801

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Contract dispute....I hate those. So why didn't the HD version of the 3 that were uplinked for Joplin/Pittsburg launch? Does the 2 stations that are in dispute with Directv have the control for all of the market. If they do that is not right!!!! People have waited so long for this to happen and 2 stations are going to keep the full launch from happening....Shame on them!!!!:mad:

The 3 did "launch" today. However after call after call. The system has not updated anyone who should recieve locals now. Therefore after long holds and several calls.

This is there answer

"The system has not updated yet, allowing me to add your locals. You will need to wait for a automated call, asking if you would like to add locals"

What does this tell me? D* has failed on its LIL launch. Oh you can see the locals on your guide now....but you cant watch them.

Someone needs to get their act together then. I am sure they will not customers get out of their agreements without paying the buyout even thought it's their fault things are not working right. They should have been testing a few days in advance to make sure this wasn't an issue. Anyone in an IT related fields knows that. As far as the other 2 that did not launch today that is a big disappoimnent to I see the SD and HD facilities are at their place so that may be the reason no HD either, who knows. This is the reason why people jump from DIrectv to Dish and vise versa. Keep promises don't advertise something unless it is going to happen. Somehow it never works in the customers favor!

OK so what is lateset for the Joplin, MO/Pittsburg, KS DMA? I see the CW from Washington DC has been added. A step in the right direction. I see one page says the 3 locals are SD only, another page says HD only, then yet another says both. Which is it? I probaly will not move until all are availabe but would like to know whats going on. Thanks!

While on the phone today, I was told I was to get channel 4 (wwl) and channel 6 (wdsu) along with Lox and xxv. This is what I want! And makes me even more anxious to get the locals lit up! SO I will believe it when I see it!

correct
punched up a zip in Biloxi and it shows these
CBS WWL 4
NBC WDSU 6
ABC WLOX 13
CW CW 14
PBS WMAH 19
FOX WXXV 25

But only SD

On the Biloxi, MS locals it is the same confusion with the Joplin, MO/Pittsburg, KS. If you look on the distant network quailification link it shows all the locals as HD only and the CW distant feed as the only one in SD. So what the heck which is it?? If these 2 markets are HD only then the channel number should be in the HD column not the local channel (SD) column. It's very hard to understand what you are getting.

its weird too...when I look at the transponder chart it says HD

*WLOX 13 24 D11 @99W abchd
*WMAH 19 24 D11 @99W pbshd
*WXXV 25 24 D11 @99W foxhd

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)