Big dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Jackfish

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 10, 2004
Ok here is my ?
have 10foot Mesh dish holes seem to be about 0.32
can i put a Ku LNBF Universal Linear to get G10R.

do i just move old cbamd lnb out of the way or have to mve it in to the dish some.

Thanks

Um you could make a great bud into a Ku only system, but why on earth would you do that?

What I would do is grab a dual band feed horn and take advantage of all the birds you can hit.

I live Northern Alberta hard to get any signal.

No motor to drive dish

The 0.32 holes seem a big large for Ku. I believe the rule of thumb is if you can pass a pencil through the mesh, it's too big for Ku. 5/16" will pass a pencil I fear.

ok just looked can not pass a pencil so it should work
how about the placement of lnb
thanks

Jackfish said:
ok just looked can not pass a pencil so it should work
how about the placement of lnb
thanks
the C/Ku feedhorns share a feedhorn... and the focal point fo the dish isn't changing... so I'd say it'd be the same :).

Don't pull that c band lnb off, you will be missing out on channels even if you are aimed only at g10. I'm in northern Alberta and I get plenty of signal even though my BUD kind of fell out of the back of a pickup and isnt quite as round as it should be. What are the specs on your c band lnb?

no idea lol got my form cantane Barrhead are you picking up ku as well Have pic of your setup

Yes, I have have a corotor II with Norsat C and Ku band Lnbs. Originally The Ku band Lnb was installed to to watch 4dtv subscribed shows on x4. Fta was added later. If thats a 10' dish that you have signal should not be a problem. Stability on the digital stuff could be another matter though depending on your lnb. Keep in mind these old BUDs were pulling in signals in your area back when the sats had a fraction of their present power. Dish aiming and focus is the most important thing. Sorry no pics, but really there is not much to see. It sounds like you want to rig something up on the cheap. Are you ready to start modifying equipement to do so?

Yes tryimg setup something better than farm cable lol for a buddy yes Cheap is the word

Buying a new feedhorn is not going to be cheap, but getting an old c band rec. and arm should be. A lot of BUDS in yards where they have a star choice dish bolted to the house. I wonder if a ku lnbf could be zip tied to the feed horn some how like the guy's in the mpeg2 forum do with the little dishes.

tofer said:
Buying a new feedhorn is not going to be cheap, but getting an old c band rec. and arm should be. A lot of BUDS in yards where they have a star choice dish bolted to the house. I wonder if a ku lnbf could be zip tied to the feed horn some how like the guy's in the mpeg2 forum do with the little dishes.
Ive seen a few pics where people have machined a hole in their scalar rings and mounted a DBS or ku lnb. The problem is that most of those LNB's are setup for offset dishes, not prime focus. You could probably get it to work, but IMHO it wont work as well as a dedicated c/ku corotor will work.

Anybody know where I can purchase a big dish? The smaller the better.

I don't have 4DTV (I wish) but I believe the HDD-200 is an add-on box for HD. I don't believe it will act stand alone.

What you get depends on what you subscribe too.

Bud Houston

I just move a 10' dish with only a c band lnb and after planting pole and puting everything toghether i get nothing. I left all the adjustments alone and i thought that by not touching declination and inclination all i had to do was just aim the dish in the same dirrection it was before i moved it. I am using a monterey 90 receiver (i think is analog althoug it ha a ku input). I get nothing but snow and is 105 degrees F in here. Please Help!!!!.

Thanks in advance

GAtocaribe From Houston

Ps I moved the dish from about 10 blocks away.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts