Big NBA Trade!

Back to the subject on hand....

..Say the Cavs DO NOT win the NBA Championship this year....(hhmmmm, I wonder how obvious I am gonna be where I headed to.....LOL!), does Lebron bolt or stick around??

CAN YOU DIG ITTTTTTTTTTTTT!?!!?!

Fellas, I just awoke to the news. This is amazing! More thoughts when I wake up in a bit.....
Its not going to help. IMO he is a liability. Too old, too slow to take on the best in the league like Howard and a target to foul in the 4th period to catch up.

Its not going to help. IMO he is a liability. Too old, too slow to take on the best in the league like Howard and a target to foul in the 4th period to catch up.

He still scored 18 ppg and played in more games last year than the previous 3 seasons.

Back to the subject on hand....

..Say the Cavs DO NOT win the NBA Championship this year....(hhmmmm, I wonder how obvious I am gonna be where I headed to.....LOL!), does Lebron bolt or stick around??

LMAO! That's NOT the "subject at hand." Check the title of the thread. This is about the Shaq trade, not where LeBron ends up in 2011! :rant:

Shaq Jersey Ready for Purchase!

If you haven't heard by now, Shaq will be donning the #33 this year for the Cavaliers. Replica jersey's are officially on sale now. Order yours here...

adidas Cleveland Cavaliers Shaquille O'Neal Replica Alternate Jersey - NBAStore.com

shaq-jersey-cavs-300x300.jpg

LMAO! That's NOT the "subject at hand." Check the title of the thread. This is about the Shaq trade, not where LeBron ends up in 2011! :rant:

So now nobody can talk about anything else except the trade? It is still a Cleveland thread in reality..I think it is an interesting question, and I will go out on a limb and say Yes he will bolt..

So now nobody can talk about anything else except the trade? It is still a Cleveland thread in reality..I think it is an interesting question, and I will go out on a limb and say Yes he will bolt..

I don't care what people talk about and am not trying to moderate the thread. I was simply pointing out Salsa contradicting himself. :D

On the contrary.....the WHOLE issue about this subject is that this is a last attempt to win the NBA Championship BEFORE the big free agent free-for-all after the 2010 season. IF they do not win the NBA Championship NOW...what excuse are they gonna get Lebron to stay? So yes, my question above has ALOT to do with this trade....:rolleyes:;)

On the contrary.....the WHOLE issue about this subject is that this is a last attempt to win the NBA Championship BEFORE the big free agent free-for-all after the 2010 season. IF they do not win the NBA Championship NOW...what excuse are they gonna get Lebron to stay? So yes, my question above has ALOT to do with this trade....:rolleyes:;)

Simple: Championship or not this year, the Cavs still present a better opportunity at winning than the Knicks (the popular choice for media blow-hards on which other team is in the running for the LBJ sweepstakes).

Simple: Championship or not this year, the Cavs still present a better opportunity at winning than the Knicks (the popular choice for media blow-hards on which other team is in the running for the LBJ sweepstakes).

I don't know about that. After possibly having ON PAPER, supposedly 'possibly the best team in the NBA' for 2 straight seasons(including this season coming up)...and IF they have NOTHING TO SHOW FOR IT....WITH Shaq...WHAT can they possibly show him/present to him/CONVINCE him to stay? This league has proved OVER and OVER and OVER again that with the change of a couple of players and a better atmosphere...you can improve a teams record by 15-20 games without blinking. And on some rare occasions, the improvement can be almost 30 games JUST BY HAVING EVERYONE HEALTHY! So really, don't think that for one second, the Knicks nor ANY OTHER TEAM could not make the turnaround to compete for a championship.

Like I have stated before, I PERSONALLY think he is gonna stay. But be realistic, this trade was made as a last ditch effort to try to win a championship NOW, show Lebron they are willing to make a trades to win a championship and to state "please stay because we are really trying...".

Obviously Cleveland has a better chance of winning than the Knicks...THIS YEAR!!! You have Shaq, we have Darko...THIS YEAR!!!

During the Summer of Lebron, however, (and many others) it will be a different NBA world...;)

Sandra

I don't know about that. After possibly having ON PAPER, supposedly 'possibly the best team in the NBA' for 2 straight seasons(including this season coming up)...and IF they have NOTHING TO SHOW FOR IT....WITH Shaq...WHAT can they possibly show him/present to him/CONVINCE him to stay?

By keeping the Cavs core + adding a big-name free agent such as Chris Bosh.

This league has proved OVER and OVER and OVER again that with the change of a couple of players and a better atmosphere...you can improve a teams record by 15-20 games without blinking. And on some rare occasions, the improvement can be almost 30 games JUST BY HAVING EVERYONE HEALTHY! So really, don't think that for one second, the Knicks nor ANY OTHER TEAM could not make the turnaround to compete for a championship.

The Cavs won 66 games last year. Hard to improve on that, unless you think LeBron can make a run at a perfect record on another team. But really, does a team consisting of players such as Donnie Darko and a Midget (Nate Robinson) really prove to be enough talent for LeBron to be surrounded by to improve on what he's doing in Cleveland?

Like I have stated before, I PERSONALLY think he is gonna stay. But be realistic, this trade was made as a last ditch effort to try to win a championship NOW, show Lebron they are willing to make a trades to win a championship and to state "please stay because we are really trying...".

Good, then we agree. :)

And as for your "last ditch effort" comment, sure the Cavs are tying to win a Championship. When you have come so close the last few years and have proven to be among the NBA's elite teams, wouldn't that be the goal of any team, regardless of having LeBron or not? Windows of greatness only come around for a certain period of time. It would be insane for the GM to not try and do everything in their power to win each an every year with this type of team!

The Cavs won 66 games last year. Hard to improve on that, unless you think LeBron can make a run at a perfect record on another team. But really, does a team consisting of players such as Donnie Darko and a Midget (Nate Robinson) really prove to be enough talent for LeBron to be surrounded by to improve on what he's doing in Cleveland?

Darko and Robinson are only signed through this year. They come off the cap next summer, freeing up even more cap room for you-know-who. And some really good teammates for him, too. :D

Sandra

Darko and Robinson are only signed through this year. They come off the cap next summer, freeing up even more cap room for you-know-who. :D

Sandra

Not sure if you are aware of this or not, but an NBA team consists of much more than just 1 or 2 players. In the playoffs, you need to have a solid rotation of apx. 8-10 players. (Role players, bench players, etc).

Sandra, to put it rather bluntly, you must be reading too much of the NY tabloids and the sensationalized blogs online. If you were to believe everything you read on the Internet — and, honestly, who doesn’t? :rolleyes: - you’d be convinced that Donnie Walsh, Mike D’Antoni and the Knicks are assembling some sort of “Dream Team” in New York. LeBron James will, of course, be in an orange-and-blue jersey soon enough, and his teammates will include Chris Bosh, Dwyane Wade, Ricky Rubio, Stephen Curry, Dell Curry, Michael Curry, Kobe Bryant, Bill Russell, Michael Jordan, Charles Oakley, Patrick Chewing and John Starks. And oh, Jason Kidd will running the point.

Pulease. Time to wake up from your dream Sandy. :rant:

I say if they win it he sticks around - if they don't Lebron makes like a banana and splits town.

That is MY thinking also. Hence the trade for Shaq.

IS it fair to say, that the Cavs for the IMMEDIATE moment, are making moves to keep Lebron....or more to win a championship.

....and yes, I know it's a combination of both...but which is it MORE of?

Wimbledon 2009

ANGEL PITCHER KILLED IN CRASH!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)