Big online Retailer/Fulfilment company

PSB

On vacation
Nov 5, 2003
Just sent me an apartment install and I declined it as 90% of apartments cant be grounded to code, and at least 50% have no line of sight. I told them as a state licensed installer I will not install in an apartment unless I can ground it to local and NEC code, I told them I cant afford to travel to apartments for free to find out what I already know and that I have been to most of the apartments in this area several times installing satellite and cable systems over the years! Its not easy working within the law, and staying afloat, but I can sleep well at night! I will not lose my licenses for an install here and there!

Grounded to local and NEC code, or no install!

Proud to be State Licensed :smug

They brought it upon themselves for eliminating the abort fee. Did you see today's news where they will be/can go back the 1st of the year and audit your paperwork? You saw my post about them and how they expect the installer to be the bad guy and close the deal for the retailer on the other board. They are all crooks.

Crooks are one thing but when they think they are above the NEC code thats where I differ with them, they do not care that customers property and lives are put at risk (and inocents in the apartment), they only care about activations. Sad.

I will not lower myself and say, they know who they are and they should be ashamed they are trying to make a licensed professional work for free, or even worse try to starve me into installing outside of local and NEC code, I told them I would rather work at McDonald's than do shoddy work, remember all the fulfillment companies do not pay for jobs that are not activated, we knew that, but trying to bully a tech into not grounding is just not on, I know the electricity board read this web site. Grounding should be enforced VIGOROUSLY!

Give me a break, this is the third thread about grounding since Friday and it appears that just a select group of people care to talk about it again and again and again and again and aaaaagggggaaaaiinn. Its like a cold that just won't go away. I know that some of the newer members or some guests have a valid interest in the subject but all they have to do is a simple search. Just because some of us have a Minnesota Tech License (if I can pass it anyone can) others may want to do it another way. Yes you should go by NEC but how many times must we hear that.

Grounding to NEC code is satellite related, and this is a satellite forum? If you dont like the thread you can "change the channel"

Done ...... Even I don't watch the self serving bull from the political conventions (Dem or Rep)

The simply question for this IS. Will you willing to live in a house being not GROUNDED ?
I do agree those BIG guy don't care about it, all they wanted is NUMBERS, the bigger the number the best they can tell the stock holders. When you are unlucky system get fired, sure there another sales, they has no loss but the consumers. I do not think the insurance company will pay you the loss when they find out your system is not grounded. That is simple. You loss everything.

Your right, the insurance will be null and void if the insurance company finds an install done not to local and NEC code, another reason for everyone to check their system for proper grounding right now, the installer should be made to return to bring it up to code at no charge.

Right on Rob! Can you imagine a satellite forum where we cant talk about satellite grounding, its ridiculous : ) If we can save one system from being fried its worth it, not to mention the dangers involved in not grounding an apartment to local and NEC code, I will say this for cable, EVERY APARTMENT WITH CABLE TV HAS BEEN GROUND TO CODE! If satellite installers cant achieve this BASIC of installation they should not install in apartments. And fulfilment companies should not bully installers into activating ungrounded installs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts