BIG SCREW UP !!! >.<

bsr2002

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jul 13, 2005
South Texas
Hi all,

I put up a 10' pole for my OTA and found that it was 2" thick instead of 1 1/2" (Very Stupid). Already cemented in the ground. My Rotor will go only 1 1/2" max. Is there a way to rig it with something else to make it fit? Or if I can't fit the rotor at least a way to add another 5' to it with a 1" pole?:confused::eek:

Hi all,

I put up a 10' pole for my OTA and found that it was 2" thick instead of 1 1/2" (Very Stupid). Already cemented in the ground. My Rotor will go only 1 1/2" max. Is there a way to rig it with something else to make it fit? Or if I can't fit the rotor at least a way to add another 5' to it with a 1" pole?:confused::eek:

My CM 9521 rotor fits on a 2" steel electrical conduit. However, to remedy your situation, could you fit the 1.5" mast inside the 2". You could then pour concrete(or some type of bonding agent) inside the 2" and stick the 1.5" inside that. It may take some pile driving but it will be sturdy and more so than bolts IMHO plus less prone to corrosion at the bolt holes you'd have to drill.

Acerbean

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)