Please reply by conversation.

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
NW Ohio - Buckeye Country
With Directv shuffling channels of late the Big Ten Network moved from 220 (218-221) to 610, that only gives us one channel , so today I received some addl. info from them.

Thank you for your interest in the Big Ten Network. DirecTV carries the Big Ten Network in both standard-definition and high-definition on channel 610. This fall, overflow football games can be found on neighboring channels 608, 609, 611, 612 and 615. These channels are also available in both standard-definition and high-definition. Thank you.

-Big Ten Network

Jimbo

Big Ten Network channels?

Does anybody know which channels are going to be the alternative ones? Looking at my guide I still only see channel 610 showing one game at 11am Sat.

Does anybody know which channels are going to be the alternative ones? Looking at my guide I still only see channel 610 showing one game at 11am Sat.

Satelliteracer at DBS (D* employee) has said that the alternate channels will be in that general area and would be turned on when needed, sorry forget the specific channel numbers that he listed.

Satelliteracer at DBS (D* employee) has said that the alternate channels will be in that general area and would be turned on when needed, sorry forget the specific channel numbers that he listed.
Yeah, I read that as well. He said that the primary overflows will be on 609 and 612 with additional games being possibly on 608, 611, 615, 617 and 623 if necessary. ESPNU is currently 609, but it will be moving to 614 in September if I remember correctly from reading the channel changes on DTV's website.

My question is if there is 4 games on at once will we get all the games?

Yeah, I read that as well. He said that the primary overflows will be on 609 and 612 with additional games being possibly on 608, 611, 615, 617 and 623 if necessary. ESPNU is currently 609, but it will be moving to 614 in September if I remember correctly from reading the channel changes on DTV's website.

we should....we did last year.

Thats pretty cool then. Its almost like having a sports package of some sorts. Of course not all Big 10 games will be on the channel every week, but there will be some. I think the first week of the season there is 4 games on the Big 10 Network. It will be nice getting all 4 games then. They will all be in HD on the overflow channels too if produced in HD?

Where exactly did you see the info on channel changes on the website? Could you provide a link?

IIRC, during the last football season, there were up to 3 Big Ten games on at once, between the regular BTN channel and their alternates.

The neighboring channels - will - carry the alternative feeds on game day, just like last year.

The only difference is that they will be located in the 607-611 range on game day this year instead of the 218-221 range from last year.

this week:

617 (temporary BTN alternate)

623 (temporary BTN alternate)

618 (temporary BTN alternate)

620 (temporary BTN alternate)

as far as what games are on what channel isnt up yet though.

The overflow channels are going to change the next few weeks due to the RSN realignment

(said with a $hitty grin and a smile trying to start some preseason trash talk)

Who really likes the big ten anyway....Do you think they will keep showing replays of the 2005 Texas /OSU game?

Regards
Big XII
:D

(hey take it easy I was only kidding...im a Spartans fan....ok ok no im not AND ill sit and watch the replays of the 2006 Texas/OSU game:D)

Who really likes the big ten anyway....Do you think they will keep showing replays of the 2005 Texas /OSU game?
I do, but thats because I am in the Big 10 market (Illinois). You are from Texas so I am sure you like the Big 12. The Big 12 has been better than the Big 10 though unfortunately. The competition level is better.

but again for this week:

617 (temporary BTN alternate)

623 (temporary BTN alternate)

618 (temporary BTN alternate)

620 (temporary BTN alternate)

as far as what games are on what channel isnt up yet though.

The overflow channels are going to change the next few weeks due to the RSN realignment

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)