CBS College Sports

Status
Please reply by conversation.

HD#1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2007
Los Angeles
Just curious are we ever going to see actualy HD programming on this channel, I though since College Football is starting we will start seeing some HD programming.

I still don't understand though why they can't show games in HD that were originally broadcast in HD with these replays they are showing now of games like KY vs LSU. It was in HD on CBS orignally.

I still don't understand though why they can't show games in HD that were originally broadcast in HD with these replays they are showing now of games like KY vs LSU. It was in HD on CBS orignally.
I guess the same question can be asked about MHD showing all HD and MTV, VH1 not showing HD

If a game is being recorded to tape, does the type of tape matter whether it can record HD or not? For example, most FSN games and I think some ESPN game when they are rebroadcast overnight or the next day are rebroadcast in SD and not HD.

If a game is being recorded to tape, does the type of tape matter whether it can record HD or not? For example, most FSN games and I think some ESPN game when they are rebroadcast overnight or the next day are rebroadcast in SD and not HD.

I would say it does, but they should be recording in HD.

Then remember that CBS was slow to put all NFL games in HD. Showing up to three some of those years, then up to six. They didn't make the 2nd investment in HD right away, so it makes some sense that they weren't keeping game tapes in HD.

For the first time that I have seen, they are showing 4:3 now and not stretched to 16:9. I guess they are getting ready for their hd broadcast this weekend.

Once upon a time, CBS did not think viewers wanted to see programs in color. They were the last network to broadcast in color. Maybe some of those people are still in charge of HD programming.

Right now it is showing something in 4:3. The commercials I just saw were zoomed. Tomorrow there is supposed to be a game in HD.:confused:

With all of this stretching, zooming, and cropping; I'm getting a headache watching this channel.

Status
Please reply by conversation.