Big Ten Network Info

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I do, but thats because I am in the Big 10 market (Illinois). You are from Texas so I am sure you like the Big 12. The Big 12 has been better than the Big 10 though unfortunately. The competition level is better.

Oh I know. I was just trying to get a rise out of Jimbo :D

I actually love to watch some of the BIG 10 rivalry games. There is ALOT more history there than in the BIG XII. I was glad to see D* add the network when they did.

I am actually glad we are not playing any Big 10 teams this year. We may still have a chance!

SATURDAY, AUGUST 30TH FOOTBALL GAMES

Catch your Big Ten games on DIRECTV! See below for details in your area.

12:00 PM (ET) / 11:00 AM (CT)
YOUNGSTOWN STATE VS. OHIO STATE: channel 610 (SD) or 610 (HD)
AKRON VS. WISCONSIN *: channel 623 (SD) or 623-1 (HD)
MAINE VS. IOWA: channel 618 (SD) or 618-1 (HD)
WESTERN KENTUCKY VS. INDIANA *: channel 611 (SD) or 611-1 (HD)
COASTAL CAROLINA VS. PENN STATE: channel 617 (SD) or 617-1 (HD)

7:00 PM (ET) / 6:00 PM (CT)
NORTHERN ILLINOIS VS. MINNESOTA: channel 610 (SD) or 610 (HD)

I have to ask since the NBA channel was a "free preview". Is the BTN going to be yanked at some point and time and Direct say it was only a "free preview??"

By the way I know it the NBA channel was put into the sports package and not taken out all together.

MAINE VS. IOWA: channel 608 (SD) or 608-1 (HD)

the big10 site says * is games not in HD....but here it says they are in HD ?

Where exactly did you see the info on channel changes on the website? Could you provide a link?

IIRC, during the last football season, there were up to 3 Big Ten games on at once, between the regular BTN channel and their alternates.

My info in post # 1 came right from the Big Ten Network website, I appearantly forgot to leave the link ...

Jimbo

Oh I know. I was just trying to get a rise out of Jimbo :D

I actually love to watch some of the BIG 10 rivalry games. There is ALOT more history there than in the BIG XII. I was glad to see D* add the network when they did.

I am actually glad we are not playing any Big 10 teams this year. We may still have a chance!
Yeah, you might, you never know. I am not sure how good Texas is this year, but they are usually right up there every year. Mack Brown is a great coach.

Thanks for that info! I hope the Wisconsin game is in HD for sure.

The Akron-Wisconsin & WKU-Indiana games are not in HD. The company that was contracted out to do production for the BTN has their SD trucks at these locations.

The Akron-Wisconsin & WKU-Indiana games are not in HD. The company that was contracted out to do production for the BTN has their SD trucks at these locations.
Aww man. That sucks then. Thanks for telling us though. It looks like they are alternating because next week I see the Wisconsin is in HD and the Iowa game is not whereas this week Iowa's game is in HD and Wisconsin's is not. So, maybe they are alternating for some teams. Someone like OSU will probably get every game in HD on BTN I'm guessing.

Aww man. That sucks then. Thanks for telling us though. It looks like they are alternating because next week I see the Wisconsin is in HD and the Iowa game is not whereas this week Iowa's game is in HD and Wisconsin's is not. So, maybe they are alternating for some teams. Someone like OSU will probably get every game in HD on BTN I'm guessing.

The majority of the Buckeye games will NOT be on the BTN.
They will be on ABC or ESPN/2 for most of the year.

The first and fourth games are on BTN , I think that is it, the schedule I was looking at was not completed as far as networks goes, but I would think the rest are on ABC/ ESPN as usual.

Jimbo

The first and fourth games are on BTN , I think that is it, the schedule I was looking at was not completed as far as networks goes, but I would think the rest are on ABC/ ESPN as usual.

Jimbo
Yeah, I know, but I am saying for the games they do play on BTN. All of them will be in HD I'm guessing just because its OSU. lol!

this week:

617 (temporary BTN alternate)

623 (temporary BTN alternate)

618 (temporary BTN alternate)

620 (temporary BTN alternate)

as far as what games are on what channel isnt up yet though.

The overflow channels are going to change the next few weeks due to the RSN realignment

Yeah, I know, but I am saying for the games they do play on BTN. All of them will be in HD I'm guessing just because its OSU. lol!

Big Ten Network Game Finder

MAINE VS. IOWA: channel 618 (SD) or 618-1 (HD)
WESTERN KENTUCKY VS. INDIANA *: channel 620 (SD) or 620-1 (HD)

* Denotes game not produced in HD.

yep....big10net updated thier site....new channels.

Jimbo

One conference game will also be on the BTN. Gene Smith's letter to Buckeye fans indicated that it would be the Minnesota game. All Big Ten teams must have one conference game on the BTN.

One conference game will also be on the BTN. Gene Smith's letter to Buckeye fans indicated that it would be the Minnesota game. All Big Ten teams must have one conference game on the BTN.

I think I saw a schedule somewhere yesterday that showed 4 Buckeye games on the BTN.

I know the Youngstown State game is and the Troy game and I'm gueassing the Minnesota game, poss. NW as well, but those are guesses from what I saw the other day.

Jimbo

I checked out each feed, the HD feeds look great like always.

The two that were marked * are shown in SD Widescreen on the -1 channel.
Better than plain SD, but not great.
Channel 620 (Indiana) & 623 (Wisconson)

I was watching the Wisconsin game. Even though it wasn't in HD, give DirecTV credit at least for having an HD ready channel or whatever you want to call for it. It was upconverted instead of just having a standard channel so the quality looked better on 623-1 than on 623 standard.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)