Big Ten to a Nine game schedule

Personally, I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop. You have to know that the BigTen is going to at least 16 teams.

I do not see that happening right now, and hope it doesnt. If they do, the SEC and Pac 10 go to 16. I would hate to see 4 superconferences. Talk about the mid majors never getting in.

I do not see that happening right now, and hope it doesnt. If they do, the SEC and Pac 10 go to 16. I would hate to see 4 superconferences. Talk about the mid majors never getting in.

This will be the way things are within the next few years.

As much as I would like to see an outdoor game, I don't think it will ever happen for the Big 10 title. The game will either be played at Indy or Detroit. They have the best locations and fields to host the Big 10 CG.

I'm OK with either, I actually LIKE the Indy idea, however, the original idea was for a year or two in Indy.
Then they were gonna look into other ideas.

Lambeau was talked about, Chicago was mentioned as well.

Personally, I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop. You have to know that the BigTen is going to at least 16 teams.

Not to sure of that.

I think IF by some chance they were able to get ND and one other they would stay at 14, but it may continue to climb UNTIL ND comes aboard.

At that point SOME of the Mid Majors would be INCLUDED.

A very few will get included in those conferences sure, but the frequency at which they go to a bigger bowl will decrease because of it IMO.

Not to mention the wall that will be built between the super conferences and those that get left out. They might as well play for their own trophy at that point.

A very few will get included in those conferences sure, but the frequency at which they go to a bigger bowl will decrease because of it IMO.

Not to mention the wall that will be built between the super conferences and those that get left out. They might as well play for their own trophy at that point.

Good point ....
We can now have the MNC game and a secondary game , the MMMNC game :)

The Mid Major's Mythical National Championship Game

msmith190825 said:
All one needs to do is take a look at the furor back in May.

The BigTen is going to get larger. Adding ND and one other school does not improve payment to the BigTen network.

Now, the fallout of the latest conference alignment has solidified a few conferences and left others in flux.

The WAC is now toast. Three members have left; the last two were directly in response to...

The Mountain West. By inviting Nevada and Fresno State, the WAC is left to die and makes it impossible for BYU to jump ship and become a football independant. The conference is a bit stronger, but still susceptible to poaching from...

The Pac-10. Now at 12 teams, if the Pac-10 wishes to get any larger, they must look towards the Mountain West. They won't be able to look at their former suitors...

The Big 12. Now at locked at 10 schools, more than five schools would have to leave in order to declare the conference dead. With Texas and Oklahoma starting their own school RSN's, anyone leaving the conference would now have to pay a more obscene penalty than either Nebraska or Colorado. The Big 12 is now solid, even with invites thrown to Oklahoma and Texas A&M by...

The SEC. No issues there. They aren't looking to expand unless it is right for them. And I for one would expect that any additions would have to be in newer territory, leaving...

The Big East and the ACC. Which also means those schools are the ones that may end up leaving conferences next, to join the BigTen or the SEC.

JoePa has always wanted an "eastern league". With the BigTen Network, it makes sense to go that route.

All one needs to do is take a look at the furor back in May.

The BigTen is going to get larger. Adding ND and one other school does not improve payment to the BigTen network.

Now, the fallout of the latest conference alignment has solidified a few conferences and left others in flux.

The WAC is now toast. Three members have left; the last two were directly in response to...

The Mountain West. By inviting Nevada and Fresno State, the WAC is left to die and makes it impossible for BYU to jump ship and become a football independant. The conference is a bit stronger, but still susceptible to poaching from...

The Pac-10. Now at 12 teams, if the Pac-10 wishes to get any larger, they must look towards the Mountain West. They won't be able to look at their former suitors...

The Big 12. Now at locked at 10 schools, more than five schools would have to leave in order to declare the conference dead. With Texas and Oklahoma starting their own school RSN's, anyone leaving the conference would now have to pay a more obscene penalty than either Nebraska or Colorado. The Big 12 is now solid, even with invites thrown to Oklahoma and Texas A&M by...

The SEC. No issues there. They aren't looking to expand unless it is right for them. And I for one would expect that any additions would have to be in newer territory, leaving...

The Big East and the ACC. Which also means those schools are the ones that may end up leaving conferences next, to join the BigTen or the SEC.

JoePa has always wanted an "eastern league". With the BigTen Network, it makes sense to go that route.

I had heard that Texas was getting thier own network, had not heard that about Oklahoma as of yet ...:)
looks like a good place for a Big 12 network. :D

BYU just left the Mountain West. Will be joining the West Coast Conference in all sports except football, where they will be an independent.

BYU is obviously jockeying for Pac-10 or Big-12 inclusion.

It's coming!

Don't know whether it will be within 5 Years or Ten, but make no mistake, it will arrive.

We're headed to 4 Mega Conferences Each with 16 teams split into 2 Divisons within each Conference.

If your team gets left out of that 64, No One outside your own fandom will care. Much like arguing about being the 65th team in March Madness.

Just my opinion, but CFB will be a far better game when we reach that point.

HDMM,

Here's the conference break down:

Division 1

Michigan
Nebraska
MSU
Northwestern
Iowa
Minnesota

Division 2

Ohio State
Penn State
Wisconsin
Purdue
Indiana
Illinois

Buckeyes also announce a new jersey by Nike for tOSU/Michigan game. Personally, I just wish they'd stick with the regular uni's....

48066_429527869798_9362894798_4699180_3511218_n.jpg

48066_429527859798_9362894798_4699178_5408075_n.jpg

Block O...

48066_429527864798_9362894798_4699179_203874_n.jpg

HDMM,

Here's the conference break down:

Division 1

Michigan
Nebraska
MSU
Northwestern
Iowa
Minnesota

Division 2

Ohio State
Penn State
Wisconsin
Purdue
Indiana
Illinois

Is this confirmed Jimbo? I thought they were waiting to unveil these until tonight at 7?

Buckeyes also announce a new jersey by Nike for tOSU/Michigan game. Personally, I just wish they'd stick with the regular uni's....

48066_429527869798_9362894798_4699180_3511218_n.jpg

48066_429527859798_9362894798_4699178_5408075_n.jpg

Block O...

48066_429527864798_9362894798_4699179_203874_n.jpg

I agree, they need to quit with the God Ugly uniforms, give them to Oregon if they want, but keep them away from Columbus.

If they made a good looking one, that might be OK, but I don't see the need for this anyways, other than the amount of MONEY they are making from the deal.

That came from ESPN a few minutes ago, so you can make up your mind if it's official or not, but I would say YES.

Well, the Big 10 just ruined the best thing in College Football: "The Rivalry Game". :(

If these two teams are in separate divisions, the game between them most likely won't be the last game of the season. If they do keep it the last game of the season, there's a chance they play twice in a row, thus ruining the significance of the rivalry game. Ugh. This is TERRIBLE news in Buckeye Country!!!

Well, the Big 10 just ruined the best thing in College Football: "The Rivalry Game". :(

If these two teams are in separate divisions, the game between them most likely won't be the last game of the season. If they do keep it the last game of the season, there's a chance they play twice in a row, thus ruining the significance of the rivalry game. Ugh. This is TERRIBLE news in Buckeye Country!!!

Not at all ....

I like the idea, the two ARE in different divisions and it LOOKS like the will still play the last game of the year .... Now if they go one step further it will be PERFECT.

All they need to do is have a week off between the Rivalry game and the Big Ten Championship game.

Looks like they will have 1 crossover team they are guaranteed instead of 2 as was thought.

Ohio State WILL continue to play Michigan on the last weekend of the year, before the championship game.

They are also keeping to an 8 game conference schedule for the time being (probably till 2015)