Big Ten to Expand?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
The gain for Nebraska or Missouri would be vastly increased revenues.

The Big Ten thanks to their Own TV Network plus thier deals with ABC/ESPN makes far more money to hand out to their members than the Big 12 does.

I think the first most obvious choice would be Notre Dame but they probably can't get them.
After that Nebraska,Missouri and possibly a couple of others.

Only teams out of the Big East that would make sense would be Pitt or West Virginia. Rutgers brings nothing to the table whatsoever.

I don't even WANT ND, they are too STUCK on themselves....
They're too good for the Big 10 before, so hell with them.

Joe Pa begs to differ.
Iowa ad says he don't think it's gonna happen. that being said i'd say Pitt. i mean seriously cuse, misery, or nd what could they bring to the table besides a history of mediocre seasons followed by one or two good seasons?

Iowa ad says he don't think it's gonna happen. that being said i'd say Pitt. i mean seriously cuse, misery, or nd what could they bring to the table besides a history of mediocre seasons followed by one or two good seasons?
How is Pitt any different? They are as mediocre as anyone. ND at least has an 80,000 seat stadium that is never empty and a ton of hard core fans.

How is Pitt any different? They are as mediocre as anyone. ND at least has an 80,000 seat stadium that is never empty and a ton of hard core fans.

My thought exactly Anders .
Not sure how Pitt would help, they are good a few years out of a decade.

Academically, Pitt ranks above 4 current BigTen members.

If you think this is solely based on sports, you are crazy.

Gotta believe that ALOT has to do with SPORTS.

What is the list academically ?
Northwestern has to be up there higher than Pitt.

ND not joining has more to do with thier own stubbornness than anything.

OK for all you Pitt haters. Yes it would help Pitt a lot to go to the big ten for football and it would help the Big ten to add Pitt for basketball. Academically Pitt is better than most of your schools.

Another note I guess Pitt will have to schedual cup cake teams for out of conference football games like penn state does.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)