Billing issues, quite unhappy. How do you contact DIRT folks?

Dee_Ann

Angry consumer!
Original poster
May 23, 2009
Texas
I had a go around today on the phone with Dish about dropping the BB@Home package.
They tried to tell me that I have to prepay for the next 30 days of BB@Home even though I want it dropped NOW. Why should I have to pre-pay for a month of something I do not want?

NOT RIGHT! :mad:

So she was argumentative with me about paying in advance for BB@Home and I told her I felt like Dish is trying to rip me off. So she told me to go to the website and make a payment for $91.81 which is $10 less than my usual $101 a month bill. So I did that. And all day I keep getting popup boxes on my TV saying that my satellite is about to be turned off for nonpayment! I PAID MY BILL ON TIME AND I’M BEING HARASSED FOR ’NON PAYMENT’ !!

I HAVE NEVER ONCE BEEN LATE PAYING MY BILL! Now I’m treated like this?

Also, I voluntarily declined the introductory discounted bill (I think it’s like $29 for 2 years then up it goes) because I did not want to then and do not want to now be any part of a contract or agreement because those are always just bad for you, good for them. I’ve been paying full ripping retail from day one. I should get some THANK YOU for that. But NOOOOOoooooooooo! What I get is Dish trying to pull a fast one on me.

The other thing, back when I signed up with Dish I told that I could make a ONE TIME payment of $90 and get “free HD for life”.
I would like to do that now. But the person on the phone told me that I can not do that unless I sign up for autopay.

Well no. I do not want to do autopay. I want to review each and every bill in advance to making the payment each month then I will manually pay when I see everything meets my approval, IE no sneaky fees have been tacked on in the middle of the night. AT&T SCREWED me really, really badly like that several years ago for almost $1,000. And once they take the money from you good luck on contesting it or getting it back! AT&T caused my credit union to overdraft against my account which caused a cascade effect of overdrafts and shortly thereafter put a freeze on my bank account !

I do not trust corporations, AT ALL! ANY OF THEM! Why is Dish so anxious to have me on autopay? So they can sneak some bogus fees in on me in the middle of the night.

Autopay is BEGGING for a screwing with a cactus..

I need some help with this. I can not keep paying these high bills. I need to get that one time payment for the HD For Life deal and I need for someone to credit my payment that I made today and make those nasty messages go away from my screen! I will be PISSED OFF if Dish screws me up on Saturday, DO NOT interfere with my Doctor Who ! I paid my bill. I need this made right.

You can contact DIRT by clicking on the Forum tab, next to HOME, at the top of a page, as long as you're logged in, and scroll down to the botton and the DIRT members online are in the RED letters. I believe Matt and Stephen are online now. They should be able to give you assistance.
You cam PM one of them.

Last edited:
The $99 option for HD Free for Life is no longer available. Autopay with paperless billing is the only option. This also requires a 24 month agreement.

As Deadlocked said, DISH charges in advance. You will receive a prorated credit if you removed it before or during a bill cycle.

The message about non payment will stop appearing if you select okay three times. We do not have a way to stop this from our end once it has started.

Feel free to send me a PM with your account information if you'd like me to review anything.

This is BS. OMy telephone provider just DOUBLE BILLED ME because they REQUIRE autopay. You either allow autopay or you don’t get telephone service.
Well, they double billed me. Now they have my money TWICE. Now I have to go through the time and trouble to fight and argue with them to get my money refunded and I know that it will take a week or more before it will show a credit on my Visa card.
I doubt they will give me my money back, they’ll most likely tell me they’ll credit my phone bill. However it turns out, they ripped me off because of autopay. :mad:

What’s to prevent Dish from playing the snake card and pulling the same stunt? Autopay is an invitation to trouble.

Come on guys, I’ve been a loyal customer and have paid ON TIME, EVERYTIME. I’ve paid top dollar from day one. You can’t do ANYTHING for me now?

I will not enter into a two year contract, no way, no how. I want to be able to just drop it like a used kleenex the day I’ve had enough.

I’ve come to the decision that it’s costing too much for content that’s pretty much nothing but white trash reality shows.

I’ve got to sit down and decide what channels I absolutely must keep and pare things way down. I won’t compromise on HD though. I won’t watch SD channels unless there’s no other option.

I’ve got to cut it to the bone or just simply cut it off. I’m really pissed that I can’t get the HD for life option without having to enter into a contract with the devil. :mad:

By the way, I went to the Dish site and checked and it shows that I owe $10 and it says my current bill it $101 and is unpaid. Something is screwed up big times.

This is BS. OMy telephone provider just DOUBLE BILLED ME because they REQUIRE autopay. You either allow autopay or you don’t get telephone service.
Well, they double billed me. Now they have my money TWICE. Now I have to go through the time and trouble to fight and argue with them to get my money refunded and I know that it will take a week or more before it will show a credit on my Visa card.
I doubt they will give me my money back, they’ll most likely tell me they’ll credit my phone bill. However it turns out, they ripped me off because of autopay. :mad:

What’s to prevent Dish from playing the snake card and pulling the same stunt? Autopay is an invitation to trouble.

Come on guys, I’ve been a loyal customer and have paid ON TIME, EVERYTIME. I’ve paid top dollar from day one. You can’t do ANYTHING for me now?

I will not enter into a two year contract, no way, no how. I want to be able to just drop it like a used kleenex the day I’ve had enough.

I’ve come to the decision that it’s costing too much for content that’s pretty much nothing but white trash reality shows.

I’ve got to sit down and decide what channels I absolutely must keep and pare things way down. I won’t compromise on HD though. I won’t watch SD channels unless there’s no other option.

I’ve got to cut it to the bone or just simply cut it off. I’m really pissed that I can’t get the HD for life option without having to enter into a contract with the devil. :mad:

Please send me a PM with your account and pin number if you'd like me to review your options.

By the way, I went to the Dish site and checked and it shows that I owe $10 and it says my current bill it $101 and is unpaid. Something is screwed up big times.

Credits do take 24-48 hours to be processed after removing programming. Payments also will not reflect on mydish.com instantly. You should see this correctly reflected tomorrow.

Last edited:
Gee Dee you've only had Dish since March last year so what is that....21 months....and NOW you want the free HD under an old promo? Deals don't last forever...quit being a drama queen
If you would have paid it back then you would have saved $110 already

So because your phone company screwed up on your auto pay I guess all companies screw it up huh? I guess using your theory that because the fast food I ate yesterday wasnt good I should just not eat at any fast food place...again using your theory

I’ve paid top dollar from day one. You can’t do ANYTHING for me now?
Sure they'll just break the rules because you've paid month to month for 21 months now. Betcha there are plenty of folks who have paid "top dollar" for a lot longer

yet you've had it for 21 months now....so if you would have done the 2 year at inception not only would you have saved $210 already but you'd only have 3 months left of the contract

I’ve got to cut it to the bone or just simply cut it off.
Amazing how the only reason you originally wanted Dish was because History channel was scrambled on free to air and we mentioned the Welcome package for like $15 since it had that channel in it. If I remember you went with AT250 and HD at the non discounted price....

I’m really pissed that I can’t get the HD for life option without having to enter into a contract with the devil.
be happy there is that option...again dont blame dish because you dwaddled for almost 2 years deciding if you wanted that or not.

When my CC number got hijacked earlier this year, I had to change info on my account and accidentally paid twice fort 1 month. I contacted a member of DIRT and they were able to rectify the error/ So, Dee, if you sign up for auto pay and have a problem, just contact one of the friendly Dirt members and they will be more than happy to help you. Other than that, I've never had a problem with auto-pay.

I have auto-pay on all of my bills...TV, internet, utilities, cellular, mortgage, insurance, etc. Not once have I been "screwed" over, I actually get more time before the due date to scrutinize my bill than if I had a paper bill, and any discrepancies or changes I'd make to my service level has always been handled within a month. I suspect you just don't understand how the billing cycle / pre-pay system works.

If you don't like "white trash" shows what color do you prefer? Green_Red_Blue_Orange???

You sound like a DirectTV customer for sure. If I were you I'd switch and tell Dish it's your way or the highway ... you are much too important to put up with that crap!

Stand up and be counted ... give me HD for $99 or I'm out-a-here!I agree -- SD isn't even worth watching.

It bothers me when people get upset with something because they are too stubborn or just unwilling to change. Companies are going to change their rules in order to benefit them and make them more profitable. If you want Free HD then you need to follow the rules. If they had a promo before but no longer offer it then that's their right to.

You had the option to save a lot of money by signing a 2 year contract and getting the promo rate but decided not to. Now you think Dish owes you because you did them a favor? Most of what you've done so far does not make much sense to me.

It's possible that if you wait long enough you may just see HD included automatically. I honestly don't know why it's not this way now. I understand that you do not like auto pay and do not trust corporations and that's ok, but do not expect any special treatment in return from them.

Anytime I see Dee Ann on here, I think of Calamity Jane on Deadwood! :D

I really want to put some youtube up on her, but, the language won't let me. It's agin' the rules! :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)