Billing Problems.............

Status
Please reply by conversation.

lgb0250

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 15, 2006
Doesn't really come as a surprise since I had D* for several years before jumping to E* for the last 3.5 yrs

Came back to D* 30 days or so ago. Got my first bill today and I see nothing has changed. They are charging me $199 for a second HD DVR. The problem is that I purchased the 2nd HD DVR from Amazon.com I realize it still belongs to D* but they cannot charge me for something I didn't purchase from them.

Made two calls to them about it today. Was on the first call for 20 minutes before the rep put me on hold and I got dropped. Called back and eventually got to a supervisor. After being on this call for 40 minutes she put me on hold and I got dropped again. Was actually making progress with her until I got dropped.

The point I tried to make with them was if they went to their own website and looked at recent orders they would clearly see that there was no charge for the HD DVR. The first one is supposedly free. They didn't even have the second one on the order because I had already purchased it and had it ready to install.

I've sent them an email this time. I can't go through their phone system anymore. It's beyond ridiculous. I told them if they cannot get this worked out they just need to cancel my account. They immediately started talking about the cancellation fee. I just broke down laughing. Don't worry about the incorrect charge, just get the money.

Sorry about the rant but this phone system of theirs is just too funny to let go without saying something.

Is it possible you are being charged for the first dvr that they installed? From what you said I'm guessing they installed one and you bought a second one on Amazon?

Perhaps they didn't credit you the $199 on the first one as a new signup, or you didn't qualify as a new signup?

The free installation doesn't cover equipment you purchased elsewhere, like Amazon.com. Maybe the tech goofed and charged you for the receiver instead of the installation fee for a third-party receiver?

What I'm having a hard time understanding is how they came up with any charge since their own order history shows I had one HD DVR marked as FREE. The original WO didn't show the second HD DVR that I had already purchased. There was no installation fee on the second HD DVR. I did the installation myself and called in for the activation myself. Hopefully they will get it worked out soon. I'd really hate to have to go back to E* at this stage but I'd do that before paying $199 for a receiver that I bought on my own. I explained to them I understood it was still leased equipment but there was no way I was going to pay for it twice. Hopefully I'll get it worked out via email next week.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts